Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Was just about to drop off and I thought I'd just have a look where my sister's plane is, on route from New Zealand via Singapore. It followed a normal route until just north of Bahrain, then pulled a hand brake turn and headed for Medina in Saudi Arabia, which is well off course. Passed it and is now heading for Aswan in Southern Egypt. All very odd, unless avoiding airspace that other airlines aren't concerned about, like Iraq and Turkey.. P.S Just noticed a Singapore to Frankfurt plane doing the same, so it's unlikely to be sinister, just late night paranoia. And she's headed North at last, up the Red Sea towards the Suez Canal. PPS Seems to be Singapore Airlines policy but nobody else, their flights to Paris and Amsterdam are following the same route as well, but no other airlines. Anyway, carry on, nothing happening here.. :bag

image.thumb.png.90728bfb5bc4a3918a146b3c3d7a4d28.png

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Was just about to drop off and I thought I'd just have a look where my sister's plane is, on route from New Zealand via Singapore. It followed a normal route until just north of Bahrain, then pulled a hand brake turn and headed for Medina in Saudi Arabia, which is well off course. Passed it and is now heading for Aswan in Southern Egypt. All very odd, unless avoiding airspace that other airlines aren't concerned about, like Iraq and Turkey.. P.S Just noticed a Singapore to Frankfurt plane doing the same, so it's unlikely to be sinister, just late night paranoia. And she's headed North at last, up the Red Sea towards the Suez Canal. PPS Seems to be Singapore Airlines policy but nobody else, their flights to Paris and Amsterdam are following the same route as well, but no other airlines. Anyway, carry on, nothing happening here.. :bag

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Iran-tensions/Singapore-Airlines-avoids-Iran-airspace-as-regional-tension-rises

Stopped flying near or in Iran airspace since Jan'20

Not the first time, they also stopped back in 2012.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

That would freak me out too if I saw my sister’s phone doing that but that’s because she has been dead for years.

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Iran-tensions/Singapore-Airlines-avoids-Iran-airspace-as-regional-tension-rises

Stopped flying near or in Iran airspace since Jan'20

Not the first time, they also stopped back in 2012.

The weird thing was going half way up the Gulf before heading due West for Egypt. I guess they were staying well clear of Yemen too. The thing that made it more worrying was that it was heading directly for one of the three holiest sites in Islam after it veered off the usual route.

P.S. The pilot told the passengers they would be late arriving in London due to avoiding conflict zones, so maybe this was being more careful than usual.

Edited by welshbairn

On 17/08/2021 at 12:14, Jacksgranda said:

I've never been a fan of Jeremy Clarkson (I've never been not a fan either), as I'm totally uninterested in motor cars and never watched Top Gear, or any other programme he was in, as far as I remember.

However, granddaughter nr 5 was down for a visit and stuck on Clarkson's Farm, a series about a year on his farm. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It also gave Clarkson a chance to drive massive agricultural machines which he thoroughly enjoyed.

Jeremy Clarkson has been voted 2021 Farming Champion! :lol:

3 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:
22 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:
Just me or does this bruise look like a sheepdog?
image.thumb.jpeg.b81151e2d3a56a4ee94f0410964c3917.jpeg

Is this the result of your backflip of the ladder?

Yes. A pal was all concerned and sending me links to fancy ladders. Had to explain the problem isn’t with the ladders.