Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tonic water is absolutely bogging. Much nicer to have a gin with lemonade. I've heard gin and Fanta lemon is fantastic but I've yet to try it.

There are very few things that can't be improved with Fanta Lemon.

For example, I'm currently drinking it during the Dundee derby

And most folk who drink it don't actually like the taste of gin. That's why they either buy overly flavoured gins, gin liqueurs, or absolutely drown it in tonic so no gin flavour remains.

The latter type will also be incredulous at anyone drinking tonic water by itself, even though that's a shade from what they do.

Tonic water is absolutely bogging. Much nicer to have a gin with lemonade. I've heard gin and Fanta lemon is fantastic but I've yet to try it.

Gin and grapefruit juice is very popular in Finland where most pubs have it on tap. It was invented for the 1954 Olympics (whose stadium I've slept in).

29 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:
Love gin but can't touch it nowadays, drinking to much of the stuff turns me into an emotional wreak

There's nothing inherent about gin which causes that. It'd be the same if you were drinking similar volumes of any spirit.

You get a different effect from different forms of spirits though, so it can't be just the alcohol that does it. Tequila is much trippier than whisky for example, and aniseed based drinks like ouzo are wild.  

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I stayed in the Newcastle Hilton 9 years ago.

Phew, what a narrow escape from meeting Throbs... :lol:

I stayed there early 2017 also, it’s a bloody good spot and both times we’ve had good offers for the room. That view was only £150 a night.

You get a different effect from different forms of spirits though, so it can't be just the alcohol that does it. Tequila is much trippier than whisky for example, and aniseed based drinks like ouzo are wild.  

There's no actual proof of that though, just a lot of anecdotal evidence. However, people do drink different types of alcohol in different situations, and that plus the placebo-esque effect of preconceived expectations account for the reported effect.

There are no mind-altering substances in juniper berries, agave or aniseed.

29 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I can’t really be arsed following my football team these days ..

Ps not in a dummy spitting way , just proper apathy I couldn’t name most of the squad or their positions this season

Clachnacuddin have put big pictures of the squad with their sponsors on a wall between the gate and the pie shop, unfortunately without their shirt numbers, but it helps. Otherwise they still aren't giving out team sheets, so I wouldn't have a clue, loads of changes since Covid started.

Saw an ad on TV last night for Ocado, purportedly extolling the virtues of their awesome fresh food which you can order online and have conveyed to your door for convenience by one of their smiley happy drivers.
The final frame of ad contains bits of 'small print', part of which reads 'Delivery Excludes Scotland'.
Don't quite get why a company want to advertise in Scotland but then tell Scotland that 'we don' t want your custom'.
F*ck Ocado.