Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

3 months to the day since my dad died. The same day as the first Scotland game and we wanted him to watch it. He was knackered and old but the end came quickly and he was scared. 

I started smoking again on that day and have drunk shitloads since. The kids are pissed off with me so need to get back to the last best normal again from tomorrow.

Also spent a fortune on booze and fags recently, I don't know how folk do this all the time.

Good luck! In my prime I was an 80 a day man and could go weeks at a time without a dry day. Now I’m like a monk. Feel free to drop me a line if you need any pointers on becoming a teetotaller non-smoker type. Though I’m not really qualified as a life coach.

Just found a completely black bee in the house. Checked my bee identification leaflet and couldn't find anything like it.  Turns out my chimney needs a good sweeping.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just found a completely black bee in the house. Checked my bee identification leaflet and couldn't find anything like it.  Turns out my chimney needs a good sweeping.

I have never seen or heard of such a thing - are you making this up?

9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Must have been one of those big Effan Bees.

14 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Good luck! In my prime I was an 80 a day man and could go weeks at a time without a dry day. Now I’m like a monk. Feel free to drop me a line if you need any pointers on becoming a teetotaller non-smoker type. Though I’m not really qualified as a life coach.

Thank you, but I'll be okay. I also only have about 3 pairs of shoes. 

On 14/09/2021 at 23:30, Tony Ferrino said:

3 months to the day since my dad died. The same day as the first Scotland game and we wanted him to watch it. He was knackered and old but the end came quickly and he was scared. 

I started smoking again on that day and have drunk shitloads since. The kids are pissed off with me so need to get back to the last best normal again from tomorrow.

Also spent a fortune on booze and fags recently, I don't know how folk do this all the time.

Good luck man. Been off the fags for a year more or less and been off the vape I was using instead for a few weeks now without feeling much fuss at it. Dunno if just my willpower has gotten better but any time I'd given up smoking before it was all I could think about but both stages of this have been pretty easy. 

Plenty of vices left to go though, imbibement of street name "da 'erb" has been at an all time high in the second half of the pandemic times so getting out of the habit of that. Also trying to be more selective about drinking, both in terms of sitting with a can on a weeknight out of habit and completely unnecessary hangovers/the fear from e.g. going out for drinks with assholes from work I'd never otherwise socialize with. Think spending a whole winter just bored in the house and losing a family member myself was not great at all for these two but been hard to adapt now things are a bit more normal.