Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Need to explain a couple of things for this one. I've admitted in the past to being a Laurel and Hardy fan, and that I go to conventions once a year (when there isn't a pandemic on) to get pissed with fellow fans. At these gatherings we wear fezzes after one of the L&H films where they were members of a club which did the same thing. 

At such a convention some years ago this car drove past the pub where we'd just been watching a film show.

Numberplate.jpg

22 hours ago, virginton said:

It was used in April 2003 when Morton visited, losing to an injury time goal from a 27 stone Mark Yardley because Morton. 

I'm not sure how they accomodated Airdrie fans in their couple of years of derbies in League One. As they've moved their Old Firm cup ties elsewhere there can't have been too many opportunities to use it recently. 

Yeah, that was the last time it was used. How Yardley got down to head that one in a foot off the ground remains one of the wonders of nature.

Airdrie get all parts of the ground east of the tunnel and there is a barrier put in place. They enter by the same turnstile block though. I'm sure we had the same arrangements in place last time we played the Ton too.

Need to explain a couple of things for this one. I've admitted in the past to being a Laurel and Hardy fan, and that I go to conventions once a year (when there isn't a pandemic on) to get pissed with fellow fans. At these gatherings we wear fezzes after one of the L&H films where they were members of a club which did the same thing. 
At such a convention some years ago this car drove past the pub where we'd just been watching a film show.
Numberplate.jpg.e0ac51efef6d9d8d3e7ea5c3a322fe64.jpg

You're a Son of the Desert!

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Never tire of terrifying myself by watching this shit

Don't worry, they'll still be very carefully pre-programmed for routines like that.

I'll start being more concerned when the Robocup looks a bit more convincing than this:

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Don't worry, they'll still be very carefully pre-programmed for routines like that.

I'll start being more concerned when the Robocup looks a bit more convincing than this:

You're startin tae sound like wan ay them

It’s fine, all we need to do is make sure it someone with a scottish accent that programmes them and they won’t understand that they are being instructed to take over the world.

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

Admit it, you mistook them for Alloa under Barry Ferguson, didn't you?

On 22/08/2021 at 21:51, Bairnardo said:

I read a Tharg's Future Shock in 2000 AD about a robot repairman who lands on a planet where the robots have enslaved the humans.

To prove humans are superior he challenges the robot leader to a race. When they have raced out of sight of the others he opens up the robot to reprogramme it to accept humans are the masters and returns to the enslaved humans. The other robots obey their leader and accept humans are the masters.

Basically the moral was that humans are better because they can cheat and the robots in this story couldn't.

I enjoy when you've got some weird question or you're worried about something and you type it in to google only to be completely relieved and less worried when you see the state of the similar searches and get a glimpse into other peoples queries.