Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

15 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I'm looking on my phone and if you click to open the picture it gets even worse!

Fucking hell, I hadn't done that but she's practically double the size 😂

Glen Michael is still alive, I was sure that he had passed away years ago.

Former STV star Glen Michael has backed a new campaign tackling loneliness – having spoken of the challenges he faced following the death of his wife.

The 95-year-old, best known for Glen Michael’s Cartoon Cavalcade which ran for 26 years, lost his wife Beryl in 2015.

He is supporting the campaign by Age Scotland, which aims to tackle loneliness and social isolation among older people, after describing his own experiences

49 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Tried and failed to find out if that was genuine, 1984 seemed a bit late for that, but found this inspiring tale instead..

Steve Way: From cigarettes and alcohol to marathon man

I thought "of course that's genuine, why would anyone fake that?" but managed to find an official report of the games with a full list of sponsors, suppliers and licensees. No Philip Morris or Marlboro. Now wondering if the report is faked

P 231 (p253 of pdf) 

https://digital.la84.org/digital/collection/p17103coll8/id/38982/rec/51

27 minutes ago, bennett said:

Glen Michael is still alive, I was sure that he had passed away years ago.

Former STV star Glen Michael has backed a new campaign tackling loneliness – having spoken of the challenges he faced following the death of his wife.

The 95-year-old, best known for Glen Michael’s Cartoon Cavalcade which ran for 26 years, lost his wife Beryl in 2015.

He is supporting the campaign by Age Scotland, which aims to tackle loneliness and social isolation among older people, after describing his own experiences

Lonely? He's been talking to a lamp since the 70s!

On 19/07/2021 at 20:49, 101 said:

Amazing to see this in the forth. As it has a taste for unusual shoes no doubt it's on its way further west to visit @Shandon Par

That octopus, or at least a similar big octopus, was getting eaten at the harbour at Limekilns by some seagulls earlier.