Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Can't disagree with any of that. 
Don't get me wrong the nurses on the wards are fantastic, one of which is spending time when she can with my gran picking up some very basic BSL to try and bridge the communication gap. I just feel these nurses are let down by those above them in the chain and others who are not patient facing. 
I don't think it's as simple as that.

The NHS needs managers. It's a huge beast of an administration and so effective management is key. But there are so many issues (many of them completely understandable).

I've learned over the years that there's no simple solution. It's underfunded, that's for sure - but I'd be looking for a hand picked team of experienced experts to decide what changes are needed. None of it should involve privatisation.

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:
47 minutes ago, 101 said:
200.gif&key=ab7932ba931cc95a6fc68c26620bdb2fd8665603a7d0973506b8eff3ba97dc88

It's funny but we all know he wont pay a penny of that.

Reading some of the press reaction he has to detail how much he makes and his assets and then they figure out a payment plan, although I could have got that wrong. He could also declare bankruptcy and I assume that clears the debt?

Reading some of the press reaction he has to detail how much he makes and his assets and then they figure out a payment plan, although I could have got that wrong. He could also declare bankruptcy and I assume that clears the debt?
Would be class if he had to sell his home for this.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Would be class if he had to sell his home for this.

Think he sold his £900,000 gaff when he was in the jail not sure if he ever bought again. 

10 minutes ago, Empty It said:
15 minutes ago, 101 said:
Think he sold his £900,000 gaff when he was in the jail not sure if he ever bought again. 

£900K gaff from being a career racist, speaks wonders for British society.

I think most of his money came from right wing American mugs.

P.S. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/07/tommy-robinson-global-support-brexit-march

Edited by welshbairn

Drama at the car wash near my work. The woman in the roll shop across the road reliably (probably not reliably) informs us that the owner of the car wash was utterly pished and swerved his Mercedes along the road before attempting to run down his son who was working in the car wash at the time. Son and car wash building collided with, drunk father falls out the car and attempts to attack the son who is lying there after being run over. Workers from the car wash restrain the drunk before the police turn up. 

Newspapers now reporting that a 50 year old man has been charged and another has been taken to the QEH, so perhaps the story holds some truth. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Drama at the car wash near my work. The woman in the roll shop across the road reliably (probably not reliably) informs us that the owner of the car wash was utterly pished and swerved his Mercedes along the road before attempting to run down his son who was working in the car wash at the time. Son and car wash building collided with, drunk father falls out the car and attempts to attack the son who is lying there after being run over. Workers from the car wash restrain the drunk before the police turn up. 

Newspapers now reporting that a 50 year old man has been charged and another has been taken to the QEH, so perhaps the story holds some truth. 

So not necessarily better than digging a ditch after all?

6 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Cheers, its just incredible that in 21st century, patient information is not available on a shared system across the NHS. I thought that would be a fairly basic and fundamental IT requirement. 

My mum has been in and out a mental hospital for last 3 years and the amount of times medication has been wrong/ been upped and nothing has been communicated to either the GP or her psychologist or her doctor at Carsview is just mental. When she goes in its like going cold turkey and starting again to see what works or dosnt. The one thing that did work she isn't allowed to have as long term can.be addictive. She even got an ECT which worked but only for a period of time. She is now back in and aye not doing too good. However in the best place for her so see what happens this time. The nurses in carsview however are brilliant and I can't fault them. One of them even knew my mum when she was a nurse so she found it quite hard when my mum got admitted in. Just see how we get on. But all the best 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I don't think it's as simple as that.

The NHS needs managers. It's a huge beast of an administration and so effective management is key. But there are so many issues (many of them completely understandable).

I've learned over the years that there's no simple solution. It's underfunded, that's for sure - but I'd be looking for a hand picked team of experienced experts to decide what changes are needed. None of it should involve privatisation.

If there's one thing nobody wants more money to be spent on in the NHS it's management, but it's probably the most effective place for some serious investment. From what I've seen managers are usually senior healthcare staff and they're not experts in systems and smooth-running bureaucracy. You're dead right, what they need is some experienced managers, with a bit of humility and respect for the patients and the NHS staff.

Started a new job a month ago. A week into I was offered a position at another firm in a lift engineer role. I thanked them for the offer but turned the role down explained the situation and wished them the best of luck in the future. 

The guy replied wishing me luck in my new position and thanked me for replying. 

That was it. 

I've just had an email from them telling me I don't match what they're looking for and to look elsewhere. 

🤷‍♂️

Started a new job a month ago. A week into I was offered a position at another firm in a lift engineer role. I thanked them for the offer but turned the role down explained the situation and wished them the best of luck in the future. 
The guy replied wishing me luck in my new position and thanked me for replying. 
That was it. 
I've just had an email from them telling me I don't match what they're looking for and to look elsewhere. 
[emoji2369]
Lift engineer looks a cushy job, we occasionally have to deal with them for access underneath lifts and they all say that it's not hard going, not sure what the money is like though.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:
15 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

emoji2369.png

Lift engineer looks a cushy job, we occasionally have to deal with them for access underneath lifts and they all say that it's not hard going, not sure what the money is like though.

Depends where you're located, like most things. £16 - £18 an hour in Dundee.