Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

6 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

My maw used to think it was "Sealions on the shore" for Three Lions.

fitting given some of the trolls that have joined recently to all agree with each other about the English

Wondermark » Archive » #1062; The Terrible Sea Lion

(my apologies if you're not familiar with them, best keeping it that way)

Given we haven't a dedicated car thread I though I'd put this here.  I'm the wrong age and with my height and arthritic knees would struggle to get into it but Lotus have produced a really lovely new car with the Emira:

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Given we haven't a dedicated car thread I though I'd put this here.  I'm the wrong age and with my height and arthritic knees would struggle to get into it but Lotus have produced a really lovely new car with the Emira:

They’re soon going to run out of words that start with an E. Almost bought an Elise once but Mrs wouldn’t even get in it, never mind drive it/borrow it/be seen in it. 

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Almost bought an Elise once but Mrs wouldn’t even get in it, never mind drive it/borrow it/be seen in it. 

Sounds like the perfect reason to buy it!

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

They’re soon going to run out of words that start with an E. Almost bought an Elise once but Mrs wouldn’t even get in it, never mind drive it/borrow it/be seen in it. 

Shocking taste from your Mrs there!

I bought my first ex-Mrs a 2nd generation Elan (the one eschewed by Lotus snobs) in the early 90s after a particularly good bonus and she absolutely loved it.  I didn't drive it that much as the top of the windscreen was pretty much at the same height as my eyes but it was a great weekend car.

23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The Lotus Ejaculation.  Zero to sixty in four seconds.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

You would want her to borrow/drive it?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I bought my first ex-Mrs a 2nd generation Elan (the one eschewed by Lotus snobs) in the early 90s after a particularly good bonus and she absolutely loved it.  I didn't drive it that much as the top of the windscreen was pretty much at the same height as my eyes but it was a great weekend car.

I can't help reading this in the voice of First Officer Douglas Richardson.

29 minutes ago, sugna said:

I can't help reading this in the voice of First Officer Douglas Richardson.

Bing bong: This is an important announcement for all passengers hoping to travel to Alloa:  Raise your ambitions!

Edited by The_Kincardine

The Lotus Eastfife. 

No spare wheel, just three bricks so you can prop it up after the inevitable theft when you park in Methil.

The Lotus Eastkilbride: Has tyres higher on one side for better roundabout handling

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

The Lotus Elisedoucet. The satnav has a doom laden voice that sounds as if you're entering a war or disaster zone.

Which if you're driving in Fife you probably are.