Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Vegan sausages are decent these days. Not too keen on the Greggs vegan sausage roll right enough although the steak bake is much better than the real thing. Not that that's much of an accomplishment.

We could just sell vegan sausages to the Northern Irish and not tell them they're plant based (sorry @Jacksgranda ). This might solve the Brexit problem.

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Very little chance of that happening. The conversation started when I offered him a hand as he was struggling hand balling stuff off his van. He says he left Liverpool at 3am, got to Perth at about half 9 then he's to go to Glasgow then home. Same everyday, drives about 12hrs a day to unload two deliveries for about 20 minutes a pop. 

Can't be done, as the UK driving rules are 10 hours per day, unless he is doing it illegally. I would imagine most if not all couriers would have trackers now in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/drivers-hours/gb-domestic-rules 

Edited by SlipperyP

Haitis president has been assassinated by a group of armed men conversing in Spanish. Anyone ready to blow Covid out the water with an American backed conflict in Central America?

Haitis president has been assassinated by a group of armed men conversing in Spanish. Anyone ready to blow Covid out the water with an American backed conflict in Central America?
Bit of a jump to go straight to US intervention, no?

Posted three days ago about Haiti in an economics blog I read.
A parliamentary election had been scheduled for October 2019, but it was never held.  The current president refers to himself as “Après Dieu” [second only to God], and also “Banana Man,” as he is a former plantation manager.  Solve for the equilibrium.

15 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Bit of a jump to go straight to US intervention, no?

Posted three days ago about Haiti in an economics blog I read.

Depends who killed him, also the person who would run the country in the event of the president's death as per the constitution is also dead. So if things escalate the Americans will no doubt be looking to get involved.

39 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Voodoo, that will mess you up, and it is 100% real.  Never go to Haiti.

100% real as in genuine supernatural or people doing daft things because they believe it?