Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

20 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

They have shown compassion, by giving her the minimum possible punishment. The timing is unfortunate with the Olympics, but at the end of the day it's her own fault.

The minimum possible punishment is making her miss the most important tournament? Her ban expires before the athletics starts. They could let her in.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The minimum possible punishment is making her miss the most important tournament? Her ban expires before the athletics starts. They could let her in.

Sets a precedent if they let her in though.

Rules, whether you agree with them or not, are not dependent on personal circumstances. She broke them, she knew this, no argument really.

If you are an Olympic level athlete you are well aware of what the rules are regarding banned substances. This isn't some girl down the local athletics club. She knew it would get her banned if caught and took that chance. She is paying the price but has no one to blame but her self

3 hours ago, TAFKAM said:

All sporting events should allow every drug under the sun. 

Including the Scottish Cup?

Ecstasy Edinburgh City 0 Methadone Montrose 0. Abandoned due to lack of perception of reality.

5 hours ago, TAFKAM said:

All sporting events should allow every drug under the sun. I want to see someone run 100m in 5 seconds and explode into a shower of entrails.

I'd say have both, like the Special Olympics etc... Have the druggy Olympics as a suitable closer to festivities 

Was parking the other day in town and when I turned off the engine I noticed some boy had stopped next to me and was making gestures of a masturbatory nature at me. His ladyfriend in the car with him looked a bit embarrassed. He had a clean cut, failed footballer/boyband member look to him. Felt sorry for the girl as I’m guessing her man has a bit of a temper. I doubt the guy would have acted like that had we all been walking down the street and he had some perceived right of way related grievance. What is it about being in a car that turns some folk into madmen? 

49 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Was parking the other day in town and when I turned off the engine I noticed some boy had stopped next to me and was making gestures of a masturbatory nature at me. His ladyfriend in the car with him looked a bit embarrassed. He had a clean cut, failed footballer/boyband member look to him. Felt sorry for the girl as I’m guessing her man has a bit of a temper. I doubt the guy would have acted like that had we all been walking down the street and he had some perceived right of way related grievance. What is it about being in a car that turns some folk into madmen? 

Somebody started shouting abuse at me at a roundabout a few years back on my commute home. I know I was in the right lane, no issues but he got stuck behind me because the traffic was pushed back.  He then drive round, stopped in the middle of another lane and shouted and swore at me from his car. I’ve never seen anything like it, I genuinely looked around to see what he was angry about before realising it was me. 

Clearly some people are just constantly on a hair trigger, very sad. Many such cases!

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Perhaps he was a hospital doctor, recognised you from numerous trips to A+E, and was telling you what he thought of you causing him to work overtime.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Maybe it was a former customer.

Any former customer.

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Perhaps he was a hospital doctor, recognised you from numerous trips to A+E, and was telling you what he thought of you causing him to work overtime.

With l’esprit de l’escalier I saw in my mind an amusing confrontation play out, captured on dashcam or cctv but sadly he sped off.

Looks like the Kitchin is the latest to fall foil of staff complaints almost makes BrewDog sound like heaven on earth. 

Had some great food in there but considering Tom is just blocking everyone raising complaints, I won't be back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQgeIjFHSln/?utm_medium=copy_link

ETA, just saw this is being discussed in the "Nom nom nom" thread

Edited by 101

Looks like the Kitchin is the latest to fall foil of staff complaints almost makes BrewDog sound like heaven on earth. 
Had some great food in there but considering Tom is just blocking everyone raising complaints, I won't be back.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQgeIjFHSln/?utm_medium=copy_link

ETA, just saw this is being discussed in the "Nom nom nom" thread
I've spoke to him a few times and comes across as an arrogant p***k.

"Top Chef is arrogant p***k shock.

On other pages, Pope Francis revealed as a follower of the Roman Catholic faith and why you should watch where you step after bears have visited the woods"