Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On place names. I told a mate I was going to Blanket Bay for my holidays. My mum used to tell me that when we were wee and it has always meant staying at home and going to bed. What I didn’t know was, it’s actually a place in New Zealand and I discovered this when he asked how I was getting there with them shutting the borders due to COVID.

Just outside Berwick there's a sign for Low Lynn. I always wanted to meet her.

The late Da Bam said he once cycled up a long hill to Killin and someone had written under the village sign "Aye, isn't it"

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Just outside Berwick there's a sign for Low Lynn. I always wanted to meet her.

The late Da Bam said he once cycled up a long hill to Killin and someone had written under the village sign "Aye, isn't it"

I always like the sign on an office in Cupar inviting people to ring their criminal advice hotline.

4 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

On place names. I told a mate I was going to Blanket Bay for my holidays. My mum used to tell me that when we were wee and it has always meant staying at home and going to bed. What I didn’t know was, it’s actually a place in New Zealand and I discovered this when he asked how I was getting there with them shutting the borders due to COVID.

I thought, "that's interesting, I'll look that up." There's also a Blanket Bay in Australia, near Melbourne. And the first thing that came up about it was "Blanket Bay Massacre".

Sleep tight, folks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadubanud#Blanket_Bay_massacre 

Musk, Branson, Bezos all trying to get into space.

My prediction is fiery death for one of them. Branson is a bullshit merchant and the launch will be put off for a spurious reason so no fiery death for Beardy, alas.

Edited by tamthebam
Bloody predictive text