Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

19 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

My second load got a bit wet much to my chagrin.

This being middle aged isn't overly fun.

I was hoping to get the dog beds dried too, but it's got very dull and cool, so they can get wait till tomorrow,

20 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Stay strong my good man.  I started off with this.

20170211_164457.jpg

"Brilliant gold taps, virginal white marble, a seat carved from ebony, a cistern full of Chanel Number 5 and a flunky handing me pieces of raw silk toilet roll. But under the circumstances I'll settle for anywhere.."

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Did you ever go to throw a cardboard box out but think, "That's a good box though"?

My shed is full of bits of kitchen work top, splash backs, bits of wooden flooring etc. All too good to throw away. Half boxes of tiles, tins of paint. It'll all come in handy.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My shed is full of bits of kitchen work top, splash backs, bits of wooden flooring etc. All too good to throw away. Half boxes of tiles, tins of paint. It'll all come in handy.

Bet you've got a box like this too -

weird.thumb.jpg.ef26e2f8efd54f3a8c248a8ee5733e5a.jpg

3 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Bet you've got a box like this too -

weird.thumb.jpg.ef26e2f8efd54f3a8c248a8ee5733e5a.jpg

I actually knocked it over a few weeks ago.

I don't do any DIY and I will chuck the stuff eventually, but after getting stuff done I hate throwing away the unused stuff a week after buying it.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I actually knocked it over a few weeks ago.

I don't do any DIY and I will chuck the stuff eventually, but after getting stuff done I hate throwing away the unused stuff a week after buying it.

That screw with a yellow head on it is from a shelving unit I dismantled in 2003. Might still come in useful. 

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

That screw with a yellow head on it is from a shelving unit I dismantled in 2003. Might still come in useful. 

The box I had like that was my Dad's, who died in 1999 and whom I took my love of DIY from. I still have tools that will be older than me. 

No, they aren't made out of bone, before anyone asks.

My eldest - a lovely girl but a complete pain in the fucking arse aged 15-17 - was told last week that she'll graduate with a 2.1 from a the Uni of Sheffield.

There is redemption.  And paternoster lifts.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Despite absolutely loving Airplane! to the point I know pretty much every line in the film, I had no idea that it was a spoof of this so-called Zero Hour!, which I now have to watch and will no doubt find more hidden jokes when I watch Airplane! for the bigillionth time.

Edited by Hedgecutter

15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

My eldest - a lovely girl but a complete pain in the fucking arse aged 15-17 - was told last week that she'll graduate with a 2.1 from a the Uni of Sheffield.

There is redemption.  And paternoster lifts.

My youngest is a complete pain in the arse and shes 8, one of us probably won't survive to her being 17.......

23 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Just ordered my new company car - a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.

Woot, as the youth are wont to say. 

I used to drive a Renault Phev as the Dundonians are wont to say

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Iran-Iraq war was pretty mental.

It was a bit like the Western Front at times- trench warfare and poison gas.

Saddam was a cnut but so were the Mullahs- their idea of mine clearance was to make the faithful walk across minefields trusting in Allah.

Grim stuff.