Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
5 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
My wife's friend married her cousin. They're no longer together but it still amazed me when I found out as I assumed it was illegal in Scotland.

Also know a guy who used to be a local in the boozer who married his cousin, always found it weird but he was a nice enough guy

He was probably well raised by Uncle Dad and Aunt Mum.

8 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
23 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:
My grandfather married his cousin's wife after the cousin died.  I'm still unsure how socially acceptable that is (widow and widower and not blood relatives).

My wife's friend married her cousin. They're no longer together but it still amazed me when I found out as I assumed it was illegal in Scotland.

A former work colleague and his brother married a pair of sisters.

I got great enjoyment from pointing out that he was his own brother-in-law or that he was uncle to his own kids etc.

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

A former work colleague and his brother married a pair of sisters.

I got great enjoyment from pointing out that he was his own brother-in-law or that he was uncle to his own kids etc.

Their kids will be what's known as 'double cousins'.

5 hours ago, Empty It said:
10 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Also know a guy who used to be a local in the boozer who married his cousin, always found it weird but he was a nice enough guy

If it's good enough for the Queen..

10 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Was visiting the Imperial War Museum in Manchester this morning

I was there a couple of years ago. They've got this huge piece of twisted metal on display, which turned out to be a girder from the World Trade Center. When I saw it I got quite overwhelmed and was on the verge of tears - I had to sit down for a few minutes. No idea why as I've seen the footage countless times in documentaries and never felt that way before.

13 hours ago, Snafu said:

Quite clearly the whale had a serious eye condition.

So, has any poster on here ever been mistaken for food by a wild animal?

Has any poster on here mistaken a wild animal for food and it turned the tables?

Have you ever had a square go with a whale?

Terrified diver swallowed whole by 60,000lb whale who had mistaken him for food

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/terrified-diver-swallowed-whole-60000lb-24303278

The whale didn't mistake the diver for food, he just forgot to take the rubber wrapper off first.

53 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I was there a couple of years ago. They've got this huge piece of twisted metal on display, which turned out to be a girder from the World Trade Center. When I saw it I got quite overwhelmed and was on the verge of tears - I had to sit down for a few minutes. No idea why as I've seen the footage countless times in documentaries and never felt that way before.

They must have more than one, there was a display in London a few years ago.

22 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

https://www.antipodesmap.com/ 

Find out where in the world you'd end up if you could tunnel straight through.

Cool wee program, but I'm guessing most of us will end up in the briny South of NZ..

Question is, where wiuld SlipperyP emerge, and are they ready for him?