Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Why has this triggered so many people? I get that poetry and the BBC "the social" content might not be everyone's cup of tea but there are some outrageous responses to it, any one know why?

I think the same person had done a celtc video the week before and had done one for Ross County prior to that. That and the cringey "scheme patter" is what I think's ruffled some peoples feathers. 

Worth noting you've got to be an absolute stotter to get triggered by some wee lassie doing an advert 

Why has this triggered so many people? I get that poetry and the BBC "the social" content might not be everyone's cup of tea but there are some outrageous responses to it, any one know why?
About forty seconds of that cliche-filled pish was enough for me.

14 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Jim white has just left sky sports news. He's just announced it's his last night, with a wee compilation.

He's an annoying p***k but that was actually quite nice.

Any idea if he's an arsehole in real life? Or a good guy?

I met him in hospitality at Airdrie v Motherwell years ago. He was nice enough but a bit strange. I don't know what he expected in a Scottish football ground but he was in wonderment at everything.

"Waw, a shirt and it's in a frame! Oh look an old picture! The pitch, the pitch, you can see the pitch...this is great."

" Aye right Jim, see ye! "

14 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

So much to take in.

Sounds like an interesting evening but it's in the wrong order. By doing the 69 last you'd take away the taste of the KFC.

Well I’ve done it. I’ve found the most insufferable, punchable dickhead in the entire world.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/jun/11/experience-i-broke-my-friends-leg
I'm not having this.

They've done something horrific - but stupid. And they know how bad the consequences are, and they're trying their very best to somehow make amends (although never really will be able to).

Is it just the stupid trip you're taking issue with?

3 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I think the same person had done a celtc video the week before and had done one for Ross County prior to that. That and the cringey "scheme patter" is what I think's ruffled some peoples feathers. 

Worth noting you've got to be an absolute stotter to get triggered by some wee lassie doing an advert 

Agree

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
5 hours ago, 101 said:

About forty seconds of that cliche-filled pish was enough for me.

I mean if it's just the content then it's been a wild over reaction, if it's not your cup of tea, keep on scrolling baby.

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Ahhhh, I see now.   For avoidance of doubt, I'm referring to the wife of my other half's brother.  To the best of my knowledge, none of these people involved are my sister.

You're not married, though, are you? So he's not really your brother-in-law.

46 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Well I’ve done it. I’ve found the most insufferable, punchable dickhead in the entire world.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/jun/11/experience-i-broke-my-friends-leg

If you're looking for one of those, The Guardian is always a good place to start.

1 hour ago, BillyAnchor said:

Tennis player Joanna Konta literally has outstanding nipples (Pic doesnt do justice to what I was just watching, total coat hanger stuff)

12824273_Konta2.thumb.jpg.bb65c4266412bd3432640cab03d3e7de.jpgimage.thumb.png.06147b8af70b4ff63189d7a315062263.png

Take it your username is rhyming slang then?

5 hours ago, 101 said:

" fae the scheme" I doubt that she's ever been in a scheme in her life.

"Just a big young team" Does the BBCs writers even know what a young team is? 

"Bins for dugouts"  Wtf?

The BBC have some strange ideas about housing schemes,  quite patronising. 

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

" fae the scheme" I doubt that she's ever been in a scheme in her life.

"Just a big young team" Does the BBCs writers even know what a young team is? 

"Bins for dugouts"  Wtf?

The BBC have some strange ideas about housing schemes,  quite patronising. 

Depends how old you are in sure people who were brought up in post war schemes would say people brought up in schemes built in the 80s had it easy. Even places like Abbeyview in Dunfermline have become almost gentrified in my lifetime. Some young people may use scheme as short hand for housing estate, I probably would. Although I agree she does seem to be referring to poorer areas of housing and I do feel it gets romanticised.

Same with a young team the wee gangs of guys who called themselves a young team when I was growing up didn't do anything more rebellious than graffiti, smoke week and drink buckfast. That's probably what the Beeb and herself were referring to rather than folk waltzing about with knifes.

Sat on they big industrial bins? Could be? But it's a poem it doesn't have to be everyone's understanding of words and phrases but it's her understanding of the terms. It's a poem at the end of the day, it's art and it's to be interpreted if the interpretation doesn't work for you then that's fine, isn't?

My grandfather married his cousin's wife after the cousin died.  I'm still unsure how socially acceptable that is (widow and widower and not blood relatives).
My wife's friend married her cousin. They're no longer together but it still amazed me when I found out as I assumed it was illegal in Scotland.

Mrs Shotgun is currently watching "America's Got Talent" * so I'm sort of aware of it going on in the background. In one of the transitional bits between the acts, a middle-aged presenter has just asked a wee lassie "Do you like K-Pop? I like K-Pop."

BBC Scotland - The Young Patter | Still Game | Facebook

* It's kind of like "Britain's Got Talent" but with fewer British people. We still get Simon fucking Cowell though.

Edited by Shotgun

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Supposedly the whole idea behind it is that nobody should see their standard of living drop as a result of the divorce, even if you're a lying deceitful scheming little whoor.  

In a sense, it's an incentive for those who wish to play the system. Get married, screw around, get divorced, get loadsa dosh, rinse and repeat. Madness.

My wife's friend married her cousin. They're no longer together but it still amazed me when I found out as I assumed it was illegal in Scotland.
Also know a guy who used to be a local in the boozer who married his cousin, always found it weird but he was a nice enough guy