Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Might be making an appearance on Reporting Scotland‘s “Glasgow Alkies Drinking Inside Pubs Again” story this evening. Turned down the opportunity of an interview though.

Reporting Scotland can f**k right off. Made the national BBC News though. Quality acting always rises to the top IMO.

ETA: On BBC News 24 every hour too. BBC: Great bunch of lads.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

Talking about tattoos, people that say they aren't painful are just liars.
Correct. Its bearable, obviously. But its a rapidly vibrating needle being scraped across your skin repeatedly with the intention of injecting ink. Its sore. If you think it isnt sore, see a doctor about your nervous system because its fucked.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Empty It said:
Talking about tattoos, people that say they aren't painful are just liars.

Correct. Its bearable, obviously. But its a rapidly vibrating needle being scraped across your skin repeatedly with the intention of injecting ink. Its sore. If you think it isnt sore, see a doctor about your nervous system because its fucked.

For some reason, a large number of women find the pain associated with tattoos pretty insignificant 

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

For some reason, a large number of women find the pain associated with tattoos pretty insignificant 

Yeah, I found getting my tatt's quite painful but my wife found the experience relaxing and 'an enjoyable pain'.

I've had tattoos on my upper arm, inside arms and calf and probably the only one that was actually painful to the point where I was ready to boot the guy's pie was the one on my calf. The others have been more like someone dragging a sharpish nail down my skin for an hour. Getting an ingrown toenail removed, in my experience, was much much worse.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, I found getting my tatt's quite painful but my wife found the experience relaxing and 'an enjoyable pain'.

I'm with your missus. Only got a couple, but the one on my calf was exactly how she describes it, despite the fact that I bled like a stuck pig. The one on my chest had a few dicey moments as the needle hit the neck tendons, but was similarly not bad either.

I think people's brains just process pain signals very differently. Nothing to do with being a wuss or anything - you just can't really compare how the same thing feels to two different people.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I think people's brains just process pain signals very differently.

Not pain, however I can sit in a dentist chair for hours and not give a f**k.

I had 6 crown replacements including re-done root canal over a period of months, the dentist took at least 4-5 sessions before he was convinced I hadn't died in the chair.

13 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Not pain, however I can sit in a dentist chair for hours and not give a f**k.

I had 6 crown replacements including re-done root canal over a period of months, the dentist took at least 4-5 sessions before he was convinced I hadn't died in the chair.

Yeah, I've known people who've said similar - one of the wife's relatives doesn't accept anaesthetic because she's a fruitcake, but also claims it's not a big deal to have root canal surgery without it.

A fucking useless dentist fucked up the injections when I had fillings many years ago, and I soaked the chair with sweat while he drilled away at me. Absolutely white-knuckling for the best part of an hour and practicing transcendental meditation to escape. So I guess maybe my brain isn't too fussed about pain from the skin, but wouldn't be able to cope with meeting Laurence Olivier.