Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

If I've ever mansplained anything, which I'm sure I have, I can only apologise.
Mansplaining is when one explains something in a condescending, overconfident, and often inaccurate or oversimplified manner.
I see what you've done...

My locals gone from 3.40 to 3.90 for a pint of tennents, it’s shite but understandable considering the last year.
I went to uni in Dundee only 13 years ago and used to get a pint for a pound on Tuesdays. Used to be mortal on a tenner...... I miss my youth.
Folk will go back further and trump me, but uni prices in late 90s Glasgow was 65p for vodka and mixer. What a time that was.

After an hour or two you were spending the change you'd received on the next couple of drinks.

20 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Folk will go back further and trump me, but uni prices in late 90s Glasgow was 65p for vodka and mixer. What a time that was.

13-15 years ago HogsHead opened with 99p pint and 69p nips. 

The women were turning up in high heels and trackie bottoms. 

What. A. Place. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, paranoid android said:
If I've ever mansplained anything, which I'm sure I have, I can only apologise.
Mansplaining is when one explains something in a condescending, overconfident, and often inaccurate or oversimplified manner.

I see what you've done...

Good for you, Sugar Tits - well done. ;)

16 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Or the great Club wars of the early 2000’s in Dundee when it went right down to 27p for any drink until the council stepped in.  

I'm both saddened and relieved I missed this due to being too young.

Edited by Mr. Alli

How much further can drinks prices in pubs go up before a tipping point is reached? The prices creep up every year. More and more folk are just going to stop going to pubs, or at the very least stop buying alcohol in pubs.

Also it was inevitable that prices would jump when they reopened. I'm just surprised it isn't by more.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

How much further can drinks prices in pubs go up before a tipping point is reached? The prices creep up every year. More and more folk are just going to stop going to pubs, or at the very least stop buying alcohol in pubs.

Also it was inevitable that prices would jump when they reopened. I'm just surprised it isn't by more.

Been in several pubs in Perth last few weeks, none have upped their prices that I can see, maybe 5/10p here and there, which would happen anyway. Is this a big city "let's see what we can get away with charging" type affair?

31 minutes ago, Shipa said:

Been in several pubs in Perth last few weeks, none have upped their prices that I can see, maybe 5/10p here and there, which would happen anyway. Is this a big city "let's see what we can get away with charging" type affair?

My local put everything up 20p, was renovated and dropped prices back to normal. 

After this lockdown, hikes of 35p across the board. 

I was charged £3.40 for a 275ml bottle of Pils the other week. 

Gems up the poley soon. 

Edit : Pint of Peroni broke £6 now as well. :lol:

Edited by Mr. Alli

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Today driving back into Luxembourg city, we encountered rain that I've never, ever seen before. It literally was like a stream just flowing constantly across the windshield and several cars pulled up with emergency lights on I think until it passed.

Don't blame them, was actually really frightening being unable to properly see. That's the sort of shit that drives people to bunker up in a boat with a bunch of animals for company.

A similar thing happened to me driving through Yorkshire on the M1 once. Torrential rain coming down in sheets, I must have been mad to keep going.

Stopped south of Birmingham (I'd got a bit lost, saw sign for the Bosworth battle site and thought "might as well visit") and it was a lovely day.

42 minutes ago, Shipa said:

13 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

My local put everything up 20p, was renovated and dropped prices back to normal. 

After this lockdown, hikes of 35p across the board. 

I was charged £3.40 for a 275ml bottle of Pils the other week. 

Gems up the poley soon. 

Edit : Pint of Peroni broke £6 now as well. :lol:

I’m well outwith Edinburgh and my local is up 40p a pint as well.

It’s the teenagers I feel for, wages haven’t gone up in relation to the price of pubs. If the prices continue to go up we’ll have a generation doing house parties rather than visiting the boozers.

16 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

A similar thing happened to me driving through Yorkshire on the M1 once. Torrential rain coming down in sheets, I must have been mad to keep going.

Stopped south of Birmingham (I'd got a bit lost, saw sign for the Bosworth battle site and thought "might as well visit") and it was a lovely day.

Likewise just south of Manchester on the m6. Wipers on full bung making absolutely no difference at all. Traffic crawling at about 20mph and even then felt like you were taking your life in your hands. 

Plenty of hazards on pulling over onto the hard shoulder from lesser mortals that day. 

6 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

I’m well outwith Edinburgh and my local is up 40p a pint as well.

It’s the teenagers I feel for, wages haven’t gone up in relation to the price of pubs. If the prices continue to go up we’ll have a generation doing house parties rather than visiting the boozers.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

£6 a pint of peroni is mental.

The prices are just going to continue to increase and wages will continue to fall further behind.

See also:

- House prices

- Rent prices

- Admission prices to football games 

- Supermarket prices

- Train and bus fares

- Energy prices 

Etc.

57 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The prices are just going to continue to increase and wages will continue to fall further behind.

See also:

- House prices

- Rent prices

- Admission prices to football games 

- Supermarket prices

- Train and bus fares

- Energy prices 

Etc.

Train prices go up once a year, everyone complains. Pub prices go up once a year, we grumble jokingly with the landlord/lady down the local. Supermarkets put prices up a little here, little there, folk barely notice.