Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Applied for a job that comes with a significantly bigger salary more out of speculation than anything and have been asked for an interview. I'm half happy and half annoyed I now have to learn some superficial factoids about it.

Do it!

CtXfOSuWIAM1erD.jpg

3 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Wrote my car off recently, so was forced to quickly buy a runner for cash to have wheels to get around. The claim made my insurance shoot up, so it's expensive now for me to insure a wee shitey granny motor. BUT, I just got my payout from my insurance as the car was beyond repair and it was more than I paid for the run about (it was actually within tens of pounds of what I had paid for the car I crashed). So, pluses and minuses. A score draw.

F4ED0065-1C7E-4CA2-8E23-C0C529E6EBDD.jpeg

Next friday is the end of an era for our family,we complete the sale of my father in laws house,He lived in in the house for 41 years bringing up my wife and her brother.He passed away last november and my wife will be a mess the minute she hands over the keys for the last time.

11 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Next friday is the end of an era for our family,we complete the sale of my father in laws house,He lived in in the house for 41 years bringing up my wife and her brother.He passed away last november and my wife will be a mess the minute she hands over the keys for the last time.

Been there.

Good luck.

6 hours ago, Pato said:

Applied for a job that comes with a significantly bigger salary more out of speculation than anything and have been asked for an interview. I'm half happy and half annoyed I now have to learn some superficial factoids about it.

I moved a job once solely for a bigger wage. Never again and lesson learned.

If all else about the post fits, great - do it. But do your homework. If you think you’re being shoehorned in, meh. 
 There is a direct correlation between extra money and expected cunty behaviour. YMMV of course. 

Sell out.

I did this a few months back. The wage difference was pretty ridiculous. I got offered it but enjoy my current work and have a superb work life balance. I went to my current employer and mentioned it and they gave me a fairly decent pay rise. It is still less than the old job but will get a promotion in a few years to get similar to the other job.

Work/life balance is most important thing IMO

Lots to chew on this poll which seems to be documenting the ongoing collective brain melting in Britain.
Its good that the BBC have somehow managed to appear woke to the gammon, and gammon to the woke.

For clarity though, the BBC is a thouroughly gammon outlet

Nah there was a yougov poll the other day asking people which animals they thought they could beat up: Rumble in the jungle: what animals would win in a fight? | YouGov
Animal%2520fights%25202-01.png&key=14b546cfae5662e3ac12ccaadc6e9befc457c4a935e8b414945f07f6302dfe47
A favourite nightshift discussion many moons ago. One lad felt he could take the big cats (below lions and tigers) until we found a video of a leopard absolutely ficking annihilating a hunter.

However, I have already explained, and am happy to do so again, the 1 key thing you need to know to beat nature at square goes.

Its. All. About. The. Headlock.

On 15/05/2021 at 23:35, Mr. Alli said:

Greek 'traditional' music is ear bleeding nonsense. 

That squealing in Indian restaurants is murder. Mind you, better than the moronic stuff in all clothes shops with their own radio stations. Wankers with mid-Atlantic accents banging out the same sounding pish.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

A favourite nightshift discussion many moons ago. One lad felt he could take the big cats (below lions and tigers) until we found a video of a leopard absolutely ficking annihilating a hunter.

However, I have already explained, and am happy to do so again, the 1 key thing you need to know to beat nature at square goes.

Its. All. About. The. Headlock.

I like the idea people think they could take on an elephant or a bear single-handedly. "Hello, is that YouGov? Yeah, I could take down a bear. Are you going to make me fight one? No? Yeah I'd leather it mate."

I like the idea people think they could take on an elephant or a bear single-handedly. "Hello, is that YouGov? Yeah, I could take down a bear. Are you going to make me fight one? No? Yeah I'd leather it mate."
I also had a mate, who was admittedly hard as f**k, who reckoned he could beat Ricky Hatton in a fight.

I would love to take one of those phone calls tbf. Wonder how long you could string that out...