Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I don't speak Greek but "y" in our alphabet is similar looking to the lower case gamma (g) in the Greek alphabet which might account for the mistake.

Ask for malakas cheese next time... :whistle

Americans seem to switch between 'hero/gyro' for kebabs.

Also have heard them calling it 'doh-nair'.

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Eta: turns out that might be a typo on the menu.  'Giaourtlou' looks to be the same thing and is a name actually recognised on Google

Isn't that what they used to shout when they threw their shite out of the window?

2 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Americans seem to switch between 'hero/gyro' for kebabs.

Also have heard them calling it 'doh-nair'.

They also pronounce 'kebab' as 'key-bobh'.

Utterly obnoxious.

10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Craig swam out to the buoy to eat his kebab.

Cregg swam out to the boo-ay to eat his kebob

I could care less.

I'm a seven minute drive from my house in my car that just turned six years old and it's the oldest in this mobbed sports club car park by quite a fucking bit. It's also worth about £10k less than the next cheapest car. The sheer amount of money on four wheels in this (quite small) car park is both nuts and saddening. 

That's our daughter away into the Day Centre - it's only for 4 hours and it's only 1 day a week, but it's a start. I was to take her in but I feel like death warmed up, and have done all weekend, thought I was over the worst of it yesterday, but no such luck, so we just ordered a taxi to take her in.

Just like the old days, she was sitting here staring out the window, willing the taxi to appear, it arrived eventually and she's away dancing down the path.

52 minutes ago, Pato said:

I had to google their ages because I could not believe this was true but they were indeed these ages when Cheers started

That's absolutely mental. They'd both easily pass for guys in their 50s.

I often think that folk looked a lot older than they were 'back in the day'. Will folk look back in 20 or 30 years and folk my age and think that we looked ancient?

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's absolutely mental. They'd both easily pass for guys in their 50s.

I often think that folk looked a lot older than they were 'back in the day'. Will folk look back in 20 or 30 years and folk my age and think that we looked ancient?

Apparently life expectancy is on the wane for the plebs, so probably not.

Whatever replaces YouTube will likely run a nice line in mocking videos for plastic-faced wealthy folk expecting to live well past 100. "Ha, look at this chav, he has wrinkles! Just imagine; I'd rather die!"

Wrote my car off recently, so was forced to quickly buy a runner for cash to have wheels to get around. The claim made my insurance shoot up, so it's expensive now for me to insure a wee shitey granny motor. BUT, I just got my payout from my insurance as the car was beyond repair and it was more than I paid for the run about (it was actually within tens of pounds of what I had paid for the car I crashed). So, pluses and minuses. A score draw.

Applied for a job that comes with a significantly bigger salary more out of speculation than anything and have been asked for an interview. I'm half happy and half annoyed I now have to learn some superficial factoids about it.
I'm in a similar boat. Was approached to chat about a new role somewhere else, bigger salary and definitely right for career development.
But I'm not sure I'd take it, my work/life balance is brilliant at the moment and I'm not sure an increase short of something major would sway me.