Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Going back to the Luther thing, am I reading it correctly in that she's arguing that for the character to be acceptable in her eyes it must eat Caribbean food and have black friends?

Will she complain that Kelly MacDonald drinks wine not whisky in Line of Duty, hasn't been seen chomping on a haggis supper and doesn't spend her free time with Scottish colleagues?

I keep forgetting, are we supposed to be avoiding or encouraging stereotypes?

10 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I have decided to watch 'Curb your enthusiasm' as I've never bothered with it before. First episode down, a good start. 

2 hours ago, G51 said:

It’s brilliant, well worth sticking with. The first season is probably the poorest one, gets better after that.

I thought the first episode was great and, aye, fell a little bit for the rest of the season but it was still good. Tremendous show tho. Love that and Seinfeld.

18 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I'm a bit unsure on the whole diversity training, I've never had to do it but I can't imagine it's particularly useful or enlightening, surely as you allude to it's just basically, other people have different beliefs, don't be a dickhead about it. 

I can't imagine it strays down the whole white straight men are the devil route so overall I don't know what there would be to get worked up about. I'd welcome it at my work if it meant paid time off. 

There was a certain suspended poster who was pointing out the ludicrous attitudes of diversity and sensitivity training where they were told they weren't allowed to compliment another colleague's haircut because it would fall under harassment or some shit. Genuinely never seen that in my puff and think they were maybe confusing a quiet word in the ear for general practice.

59 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Wifie at work "Ma youngest, he hit his face with a hammer on Wednesday, then hud to go to hospital on Thursday as he sliced his finger open and then on Saturday he was actually hit by a bus..."

THINKS: have I been working with @Abby Normal 's ma all this time....?! 

My mum couldn’t tell you what century it is, never mind what day. Possibly a relation though. 

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I see M&S are taking Aldi to court because Aldi's Cuthbert the Caterpillar cake looks too much like their Colin the Caterpillar cake.

I saw the headline for this but wasn't interested enough to read the story - the headline probably tells it all anyway.

But what the hell do M&S expect a caterpillar cake to look like? If it had big ears and a trunk it'd be a fucking elephant cake.

15 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I saw the headline for this but wasn't interested enough to read the story - the headline probably tells it all anyway.

But what the hell do M&S expect a caterpillar cake to look like? If it had big ears and a trunk it'd be a fucking elephant cake.

I'd like to think this the media getting back to normal but it would be great to watch the legal arguments unfold in court when counsel bring on Exhibit A, Cuthbert & B, Colin. Definitely a Netflix show in that.

Elephant cake, though 😂

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Aldi should lose for thinking Cuthbert is any sort of name to give anything. 

I've been researching caterpillar cakes for the last 20 mins and think that Sainsburys (wiggles) and Waitrose's  (cecil, ffs) look more like colin than Cuthbert does.

I can only assume that they are picking on Aldi as part of the brexit trade wars to make the eurocrats let our prawns in.