Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Two observations:

1. You have the hands of an 80 year old, fat woman.

2. What is it with people who can’t just get on with it when they give themselves very minor injuries? Got people like this at work, who cut themselves doing something and just have to show me. “Look at this cut, it’s so deep, seriously just look at this” whilst shoving their bloody finger in my face. Nobody cares mate, get a plaster on it and stop whinging like a baby*.

*Apologies for the harshness of this response, but I do find it weird.

It’s just a history of blood injuries to share with P&B and I’ve since cut in a new extension so nothing fatal. Just a chance for folk to enjoy a bit of schadenfreude. Could have put it on the injuries thread but thought seeing as it was lunchtime folk would enjoy seeing a bit of finger ham.

On 10/04/2021 at 12:30, Stellaboz said:

I take it The Gay Blade is no longer a part of society's lexicon?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorro,_The_Gay_Blade

On 10/04/2021 at 21:45, dysartrovers said:
On 10/04/2021 at 21:36, Tynierose said:
Just watched shawshank redemption again.  Truly wonderful.

Probably the best book of short stories ever written

Different Seasons by Stephen King, if anyone's interested. Also contains the novellas that Apt Pupil and Stand By Me were adapted from. IIRC, Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption has Red as a white Irish redhead, which makes the "why do they call you Red?" answer a different kind of funny to when Morgan Freeman delivers it.

I think Skeleton Crew was my favourite of his short story collections, but he's done a few that were very good. Also really enjoyed The Bachman Books, which contains The Running Man (much different and vastly superior to the Arnie film), and The Long Walk, which is possibly my favourite of his unadapted stories.

5 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Looked decent. Like a bit of Parma ham. Have some more embedded in the penknife too if you’d like some?

Stuck some chunks back on and wrapped with a decorator wipe and some masking tape so all good.

A4887A7F-9E75-470A-9B79-47C1EEE5F0D3.jpeg

Your wee green brother Yoda will take care of that. NAP

Different Seasons by Stephen King, if anyone's interested. Also contains the novellas that Apt Pupil and Stand By Me were adapted from. IIRC, Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption has Red as a white Irish redhead, which makes the "why do they call you Red?" answer a different kind of funny to when Morgan Freeman delivers it.
I think Skeleton Crew was my favourite of his short story collections, but he's done a few that were very good. Also really enjoyed The Bachman Books, which contains The Running Man (much different and vastly superior to the Arnie film), and The Long Walk, which is possibly my favourite of his unadapted stories.
I've always thought that, done properly, The Long Walk would make an absolutely superb film. It would be one that you'd get an extra bonus from on first watching, as well.
I can't help feeling, though, that like The Ruining Man, we might well get something similar in real life before long. There's more and more desperate people every day, after all, and the Lottery doesn't seem to have the same allure any more.