Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I am led to believe that an astonishingly high number of mental people actually leave their phones connected to Wifi and/or mobile data overnight, running the risk of getting annoying notifications at any time until waking up. Why do folk do this?

Sorry, do you switch data and WiFi off every night but leave your phone on? 

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I am led to believe that an astonishingly high number of mental people actually leave their phones connected to Wifi and/or mobile data overnight, running the risk of getting annoying notifications at any time until waking up. Why do folk do this?

I also hear that some folk are on their phone last thing before going to sleep and first thing when they get up. 

Don't allow notifications from the apps you have and your bizarre nightly switch off will be one less thing to worry about.

21 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

My phone is left on and connected overnight. It's on silent though, as it is at all times, so no annoying notifications.

And I'm also on it last thing at night (I write this while in bed) and first thing in the morning, because I'm a straight up mobile phone addict.

Yeah I’m the exact same. I find switching off your wifi and 4G every night before bed more bizarre than just putting it on silent tbh.

I turn the Wifi off at the plug overnight, as well as on my phone. It's part of my nightly routine. Knowing these things are done sort of helps mentally in unwinding. I then read for a bit in bed before going to sleep.

Anyway, there are folk who leave notifications/sound/Wifi/data on and get could, and do, get notifications at any time through the night.

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I turn the Wifi off at the plug overnight, as well as on my phone. It's part of my nightly routine. Knowing these things are done sort of helps mentally in unwinding. I then read for a bit in bed before going to sleep.

Is anyone else reading this in Patrick Bateman voice?

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I also hear that some folk are on their phone last thing before going to sleep and first thing when they get up. 

Has your phone not got a night mode? Mine silences all notifications unless "close contacts" calls twice within 15 mins and then it rings.

For some reason my work is giving away PTO, something to do with a surplus of allowance and we could apply without it coming off of our annual allotment. 

Just got the next 7 days in a row. 

44 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, there are folk who leave notifications/sound/Wifi/data on and get could, and do, get notifications at any time through the night.

I use my phone for an alarm to wake me up in the morning so leave it plugged in on charge. Silent mode and face down so it wouldn't wake me up. 

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes

11 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

My phone is left on and connected overnight. It's on silent though, as it is at all times, so no annoying notifications.

And I'm also on it last thing at night (I write this while in bed) and first thing in the morning, because I'm a straight up mobile phone addict.

Yes

40 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is anyone else reading this in Patrick Bateman voice?

No

21 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Took a walk through Tradeston on my lunch break and it appears political discourse in this country has been reduced to spray paint and using children's pavement chalk to get your agenda across.

I am always down there at the river and the graffiti is something else

Edited by Busta Nut
Used the wrong there, their, they're. Like a fud.

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I am always down their at the river and the graffiti is something else

It really is bonkers. I suspect it's some fud living in those flats at Wallace Street or around about there. The ones that look really nice from outside and then you go in and discover they've been completely ruined.