Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

It looks like someone has swung on it - it’s a bit fecked!

Anyone who has witnessed any part of my basketball 'career' will vouch that it wasn't me.

PS, the first hall I played regularly in had an identical setup as that one, only the door underneath the backboard opened INTO the hall.

How we laughed, as we regularly visited the local A&E.

I've got records, tapes and CDs and I can purchase a machine to play all these formats on.

I've got bings of VHS and I can't purchase a machine to play these on unless it's second hand.

That's a bit annoying.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The last VHS I purchased was Lord of The Rings: Return of the King.

There's a thought. I'd no idea that my last video purchase would be my last, so I don't remember  :(

First DVD I bought was a limited edition Anchor Bay metal tin of Evil Dead 2, however. Present for the wife.

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I've got records, tapes and CDs and I can purchase a machine to play all these formats on.

I've got bings of VHS and I can't purchase a machine to play these on unless it's second hand.

That's a bit annoying.

Do they not still make those cheap players with a USB interface, designed for hooking up to a PC and converting tapes to digital formats?

I guess maybe everyone's finally finished turfing their old collections out to landfill. I've had days in charity shops when the bins were mainly full of old tapes that we couldn't even get 10p each for.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The last VHS I purchased was Lord of The Rings: Return of the King.

When Fellowship of the Ring first came out I decided not to buy it because I knew in a few months there would be an extended version. When that one came out I was on the point of buying it but decided to switch to DVD instead.

I think the last VHS I bought was Straw Dogs (Susan George - wid) which had just been granted a certificate by the BBFC.

11 minutes ago, GordonD said:

When Fellowship of the Ring first came out I decided not to buy it because I knew in a few months there would be an extended version. When that one came out I was on the point of buying it but decided to switch to DVD instead.

I think the last VHS I bought was Straw Dogs (Susan George - wid) which had just been granted a certificate by the BBFC.

There were special features on some VHS tapes but they were at the start, before the film, which meant a lost of fast forwarding.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There were special features on some VHS tapes but they were at the start, before the film, which meant a lost of fast forwarding.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

CkdAARMWkAAYnxg.jpg