Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I've spent all day painting, I'm bloody knackered.

I'm going to watch the fitba and have a few beers. 

This annual leave during lockdown is pish.

I've been polyfilla-ing and also gardening during this week's leave so I feel your pain 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Put your heels on and stand on the top step. Works every time. (For me anyway). @Shandon Par Decorator will likely also confirm. 

I like to put thick books under the ladder if too short. Or stand on a wardrobe, or put the ladders on a wardrobe. With heights, where there is a will there is a way.

11 hours ago, Shandon Par Decorator said:

I like to put thick books under the ladder if too short. Or stand on a wardrobe, or put the ladders on a wardrobe. With heights, where there is a will there is a way.

Sadly private eye is extent of my reading and the high heels weren't high enough.

3 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
1 hour ago, RH33 said:
Sadly private eye is extent of my reading and the high heels weren't high enough.

Plastering stilts.

I'll just borrow ladders.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Coronation chicken - made well - is one if the finest cold fillings known to man. 

It shouldn't be possible but so many times it goes horribly, horribly wrong. 

If you bin the sultanas then aye, it's actually quite nice. Chicken and sultanas really do not go. 

A penny saved.

The ex employer is a bawbag tho....

90,000 greasy pennies dumped on Georgia man's drive as final payment after quitting his job

Andreas Flaten now spends his evening gradually cleaning the unusable coins - but is trying to see the bright side

skynews-coin-pay_5318211.jpg?bypass-serv

A Georgia man has accused his former employer of a "childish" move - after he received his final payment of $915 (£666) in pennies.

Andreas Flaten discovered the haul of 90,000 coins - which were covered in an oily, greasy substance - at the bottom of his driveway.

On top of the pile was his final payslip... along with an explicit parting message from the car workshop where he worked

Miles Walker, who owns the workshop, told WGCL-TV that he didn't know if he had dropped the pennies outside Mr Flaten's house or not.

He said: "I don't really remember. It doesn't matter. He got paid, that's all that matters

The businessman then called Mr Flaten a "weenie".

Olivia Oxley, Mr Flaten's girlfriend, said she hopes the incident will highlight how people "are treated so poorly by their employers".

But she is looking on the bright side, saying: "With that many pennies, we're bound to find a few treasures. I've already found one from 1937.

skynews-coin-pay_5318212.jpg?bypass-serv

1 hour ago, bennett said:

A penny saved.

The ex employer is a bawbag tho....

90,000 greasy pennies dumped on Georgia man's drive as final payment after quitting his job

Andreas Flaten now spends his evening gradually cleaning the unusable coins - but is trying to see the bright side

Why is he cleaning unusable coins? Surely they are usable coins which he is cleaning. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Coronation chicken - made well - is one if the finest cold fillings known to man. 

It shouldn't be possible but so many times it goes horribly, horribly wrong. 

I detest coronation chicken. I can accept your argument that it may be magnificent if made well, but I'd suggest the few occasions I've had it would be closer to your "horribly, horribly wrong" idea.

The basic principle of a chicken curry sandwich is fucking tremendous.

On 25/03/2021 at 11:06, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

IMG_20210325_110327.thumb.jpg.504775788288fc18e04c6d3c5d4c75c7.jpg

There's a whole American industry that revolves around this. They take corpses donated to "medical science", carve them up into constituent parts using chainsaws, and will sell you (for example) a bucket of right hands that you can do whatever you like with. And by "you", I mean any old rando off the street. WaffenThinMint could buy a container of vaginas, no problems. As a result, nobody tends to know what happened to the pieces, and people can end up shipped to dozens of different places. Yer man's lucky the people who ended up with his maw actually kept records.

Most people didn't seem to have been aware of this until the FBI raided a business in Phoenix where the staff had become so disturbed by the conditions that they'd been making hybrid creatures out of the body parts and putting them on display. Turned out that no rules had been broken, so it's nice that there's still gainful employment available for necrophilliacs and deranged serial killers.

59 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There's a whole American industry that revolves around this. They take corpses donated to "medical science", carve them up into constituent parts using chainsaws, and will sell you (for example) a bucket of right hands that you can do whatever you like with. And by "you", I mean any old rando off the street. WaffenThinMint could buy a container of vaginas, no problems. As a result, nobody tends to know what happened to the pieces, and people can end up shipped to dozens of different places. Yer man's lucky the people who ended up with his maw actually kept records.

Most people didn't seem to have been aware of this until the FBI raided a business in Phoenix where the staff had become so disturbed by the conditions that they'd been making hybrid creatures out of the body parts and putting them on display. Turned out that no rules had been broken, so it's nice that there's still gainful employment available for necrophilliacs and deranged serial killers.

You were definitely involved in this.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

You sure this wasn't a dream? It sounds like something you'd dream up.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

You sure this wasn't a dream? It sounds like something you'd dream up.

Not enough shagging for one of my dreams, surely?

Here's a random link. I think the owner of the Phoenix business was done for issues related to business registration, but the serial killer lair aspects were OK, like when Washington (I think) discovered it wasn't actually illegal to f**k horses (there's the shagging).

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/fbi-finds-horrific-frankensteinlike-experiments-at-body-donation-facility-in-arizona/

Read a few articles about it in the aftermath, and it seemed like the FBI were a bit perplexed that there weren't many rules being broken, and the Phoenix slaughterhouse was just one of the most egregious examples. Relatives of the people who might have ended up there have been looking for compensation, but I'm not sure how that'll go for them.