Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Learn something new every day. Homework with the eldest and have just found out there is a small country in Oceania called Nauru [emoji1177] that doesn’t have a capital city. Quick wee google and it says that it’s the smallest democratic country without one.

Learn something new every day. Homework with the eldest and have just found out there is a small country in Oceania called Nauru [emoji1177] that doesn’t have a capital city. Quick wee google and it says that it’s the smallest democratic country without one.

It’s also known as the island that ate itself. Phosphate was found in abundance, and they pretty much tore the island apart to mine and export this, making it one of the richest countries in the world (per population), but due to making some horrendous investments overseas, they lost pretty much everything, and are essentially bankrupt as a nation.

They also have one of the highest obesity rates in the world, which I guess also ties in with the aforementioned nickname.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

It’s also known as the island that ate itself. Phosphate was found in abundance, and they pretty much tore the island apart to mine and export this, making it one of the richest countries in the world (per population), but due to making some horrendous investments overseas, they lost pretty much everything, and are essentially bankrupt as a nation.

They also have one of the highest obesity rates in the world, which I guess also ties in with the aforementioned nickname.

So, a tense 1-0 defeat for us in Qatar next year, then.

6 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Gleneagles breakfast cannot be beaten. As much champagne, Bloody Mary’s and Drambuie cocktails as is possible to consume at 8am. It’s a great start to any day.

IIRC, The Belfy had a similar setup. 

6 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Learn something new every day. Homework with the eldest and have just found out there is a small country in Oceania called Nauru emoji1177.png that doesn’t have a capital city. Quick wee google and it says that it’s the smallest democratic country without one.

My mate Gavin used to live there when he was wee. Think his dad was some kind of ambassador. Said it was a shithole. A warm shithole, mind you.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

My mate Gavin used to live there when he was wee. Think his dad was some kind of ambassador. Said it was a shithole. A warm shithole, mind you.

Did he work for their tourist board? 

The beer from the Bier Halle is generally shite and overpriced in my experience, I don't seem to they take care of the taps properly. 

Unless you're able to cram into the Pot Still, city centre Glasgow's piss-poor when it comes to genuinely good pint options. 

8 hours ago, virginton said:

The beer from the Bier Halle is generally shite and overpriced in my experience, I don't seem to they take care of the taps properly. 

Unless you're able to cram into the Pot Still, city centre Glasgow's piss-poor when it comes to genuinely good pint options. 

Aye the city centre is dreadful for getting a pint, despite the tourist traps it's the one area of nightlife which Edinburgh does better 

49 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Depends on how you define Glasgow city centre.......

Wellington Street to the west; the Queen Street bridge to the north; George Square to the east and the river to the South. That area around both train stations is very poorly served. 

16 hours ago, Adam said:

All the Polynesian countries have obesity problems. According to Wikipedia all the top 10 countries by obesity rate are Polynesian - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_obesity_rate

I watched a documentary about it a few years back, apparently they import almost all their food and have a poor diet based on tinned and processed food and cheap fatty cuts of meat (mutton flaps are very popular). The presenter of the documentary was a right boot to the people though, she was very rude in parts.  

I’m not sure if I read about it after watching that or if it was covered in the documentary but it’s likely that there’s a genetic component to the obesity issues in Polynesia. Perhaps the people there are more likely to retain body weight as fat, some have posited that this could be a legacy of the ancestors of current Polynesians, who sailed to their countries thousands of years ago. Retaining as much body fat as possible would be an advantage if you were exploring the ocean, maybe the legacy of this can be seen in the sky high obesity rates today.

I've been swithering whether to write this for a couple of days but I don't think many on here know who I actually am so it shouldn't really effect the situation. It's pretty long drawn so I'll put it in spoiler. 

Spoiler

The lassie I've been with (same one I posted about at new year that got drunk on her own and started telling me she doesn't know why I'm there etc, we have had a rocky time for about a fortnight. One day she's on about me moving in - which I knocked on the head and said it is months away just now - and the next she's throwing stuff about the room (namely coat hangers I picked up off the floor) saying I need to stop touching things and putting them in the wrong place. Anyway, she accused me of messaging other people (my best mate is a lassie so there's openly an issue there) but apparently I'm messaging people because I'm never on my phone around her and that's not normal. 

She's now blocked me on everything, bad mouthing me to everybody and I received a phone call yesterday from one of her best mates who asked if she's taking her medication. I said she's on and off it to which the reply was "that's not right, she knows she can't do that when she's bi-polar". 

Now, that doesn't bother me but we've been together for numerous months. I've had my own thoughts that it might have been the case but never really breached that in conversation. It wouldn't have changed anything for me if she admitted it - it probably would have helped me understand and deal with situations better - but am I selfish to feel as though this has all been a lie? 

I'm genuinely wandering around in a daze replaying everything over and over. Seeing the signs and not acting or trying to help (begged her to go to the doctor, she has stomach/making herself sick issues) and being told to f**k off. I can't speak to anyone I know without looking like I'm digging her private life up. 

Edit : I should have clarified after her mate said the bi polar thing, she then quickly shit herself and asked "she hasn't told you, has she?" 

Edited by Mr. Alli

If she has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and isn’t taking her medication that can be very serious and could cause erratic behaviour. You should try and speak to her calmly and non judgementally about it, from a place of concern about her health.