Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

22 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

These are rolls. These are also the correct and only rolls for all occasions. If you call something else rolls, or call these something other than rolls, you are wrong. 

20210220_105343.jpg

21 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Let you off with that.

But not the mango coloured chopping board.

Big team found:

E7F76DB2-4E84-4F0E-A8E5-00C9ACBF22DF.jpeg

11 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

A night out with Rick James would have been a blast. Love all the stories about him told by Charlie Murphy (RIP to both, unsurprisingly). Like when Rick invited Charlie to a party at one of his mansions. One wing of the house was full of Rick’s ladyfriends. Rick got on the internal loudspeaker system and instructed the girls that Charlie Murphy was not to get any action. 

They don't make them like that anymore. 

There's a book called Wonderland avenue - tales of glamour and excess, its about a young rebellious rich kid called Danny Sugarman, growing up in LA in the 60s and 70s, at the age of 14 he sees The Doors for the first time and becomes mates with Jim Morrison and starts running their fan club, eventually he becomes Ray Manzarek and Iggy's manager, it charts the drug fuelled madness of the 70s in LA (mainly heroin) 

He receives a phone call from passport control at LAX saying we have a gentleman here with a passport that says he is a Mr James Osterberg but we can't recognise him from his photo, turns out Iggy got bored on the flight and painted his entire body in camouflage paint, Danny has to go and confirm that it is indeed Iggy, im astounded Iggy is still alive,it's a decent book if you're into tales of debauchery. 

I know this is a tried and tested P&B argument, but this morning I turned on the TV and there was wrestling on. I’ve always slated it despite not having watched any since I was about 8 years old.

I genuinely cannot believe that adults watch this. I used to say it’s basically Coronation St, but after watching it, it’s actually worse. The acting is beyond abysmal, they can’t even make it slightly realistic. I understand why children can watch it and think it’s real, but adults? Really? There are no fans in at the moment, so they’ve got screens showing fans watching from home. Grown men going mental in their living room watching this. Hilarious.

I know this is a tried and tested P&B argument, but this morning I turned on the TV and there was wrestling on. I’ve always slated it despite not having watched any since I was about 8 years old.
I genuinely cannot believe that adults watch this. I used to say it’s basically Coronation St, but after watching it, it’s actually worse. The acting is beyond abysmal, they can’t even make it slightly realistic. I understand why children can watch it and think it’s real, but adults? Really? There are no fans in at the moment, so they’ve got screens showing fans watching from home. Grown men going mental in their living room watching this. Hilarious.
I don't watch it but if I'm channel hopping and it's on I find it hilarious as the acting is just so comical. What adds to the comedy is the crowd like you mention. Grown men getting so into it. I fully expect, especially in 'merica, that there will be grown adults who argue it isn't staged.

22 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

There is a wresting thread on P&B.  There is also a Coronation Street thread.

Supposedly adult men contribute to both. 

29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

But the men who contribute to the Coronation Street thread know it isn't real.

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It's the principle that's different. Admittedly, Corrie has been shite for a few years, but is actors telling a story, so is Line of Duty.

Professional wrestling, in my opinion, is a completely different thing.

43 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'll get in before @DA Baracus does but  do you genuinely think that anyone watching wrestling believes it's real apart from small children?

I think some of them probably do. Not a majority, but do you think they'd get so worked up over it if they knew it was a sham?

23 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I think some of them probably do. Not a majority, but do you think they'd get so worked up over it if they knew it was a sham?

Absolutely no one, save for kids, thinks it is real. Calling it a 'sham' is daft. By the same logic, Coronation Street and all other soaps are a 'sham'.

28 minutes ago, stanton said:

Wasn't it the late Mick McManus that said when asked about wrestling  - " It's not Fake it's Fixed " 

Also daft, as for it to be 'fixed' it would need to be an actual contest to start with. It's like saying fights in Eastenders or in James Bond films are fixed.