Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The Falkirk thread is doing crime and punishment, with reference to Martindale in particular. You'll never guess the direction it's going.

Falkirk fans are the Arsenal fans of Scotland, in that there is absolutely no reason that they ought to be worse in general than the conspiracy theorists or outright Nazis that characterise certain other clubs, and yet they try their fucking hardest online.

On 22/01/2021 at 09:41, MixuFruit said:

Rather worryingly I get this kind of urge when standing near the edge of something, like big sea cliffs. Not a big fan of the thought my brain is only partly committed to my ongoing survival.

I get this sometimes, though usually at the midpoint on a bridge (especially if it's above a body of water). Intrusive Thoughts, I believe is the medical term. You think it's going to collapse anyway so your brain is trying to gain control of the situation.

My first trip over the new Queensferry Crossing should be quite a ride, man

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The Falkirk thread is doing crime and punishment, with reference to Martindale in particular. You'll never guess the direction it's going.

I was expecting this to be a standard, Falkirk-fans' sense of injustice about the SPFL/SFA/SFL somehow conspiring against them.

What I did not expect was to see them genuinely discuss paying money to 'lure' him from a League Cup Final and top six side in Scotland to that bunch of seaside league permadiddies.

893143013_tenor(11).gif.78ad8bcc28953bb00259bc09f00f2663.gif

The gift that just keeps on giving.

Bit of a result there - Asda were having a ½ price offer on some of their LEGO sets so that's my grandson's birthday present sorted - I was actually gonna buy him either LEGO or some Pokemon figures.

Them & Tesco's Toy Dept.'s can be very generous - I brought quite a few of my Christmas pressies when they were getting rid of old stock back in October!

All that and as I walked there (& back) I got my daily exercise in too...

Edited by btb

31 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Kaja-Kallas-EP.thumb.jpg.e6bf8e87e6cfbea6a26d39292b35953e.jpg

Kaja Kallas has just become the 1st Female Prime Minister of Estonia. 

She's no Jackie Baillie, that's for sure. 

Reveal hidden contents

It would also be "kallas" of me not to say WID!

I’d like to see a war between Estonia and Finland.

19 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Making my way through the latest series of First Dates.

I see the couple into bondage are still together. 

A lassie I occasionally work with was on it.  Not sure which series.

About to go into the shop next to the fire station and the alarm went (for the fire station). They were gone in the fire engine from about a minute after the alarm went. I know they are trained to do that but the speed in which they did it was impressive nonetheless.