Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

I feel it's time to admit something that I'm ashamed of.

When watching football on telly I prefer the fake crowd noises to the stadium sound.

I know this makes me a douchebag. I'm away to get a half-and-half Real Madrid & Barcelona scarf now.

Great timing, as I have an embarrassing confession. I just discovered one of those ridiculously long old man hairs sprouting from my earlobe, went to clip it off with a pair of nail scissors, and managed to sink the blades deep into my yielding flesh. So, apparently I have regressed by forty years and should no longer be trusted with anything other than safety scissors.

Also, was it @Hedgecutter who was worried about doing spontaneous daft things without meaning to a few pages back? When I was a teenager, I kept getting the feeling that I was going to skelp a passer-by without consciously thinking about it. It never actually happened, but a couple of times I had to divert my arm in motion, as it had started moving towards some poor b*****d without my permission. Genuinely worrying for a while.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

Also, was it @Hedgecutter who was worried about doing spontaneous daft things without meaning to a few pages back? When I was a teenager, I kept getting the feeling that I was going to skelp a passer-by without consciously thinking about it. It never actually happened, but a couple of times I had to divert my arm in motion, as it had started moving towards some poor b*****d without my permission. Genuinely worrying for a while.

Aye.  Had a feeling of wanting to do something stupid in a conference call just yesterday.  As fun as it would be, now is really not the time to be job hunting.

6 hours ago, BFTD said:

Never got quite as far as my arm moving but one time I was standing in a bus queue behind a man with big sticky-out ears and was sorely tempted to flick one of them. 

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Aye.  Had a feeling of wanting to do something stupid in a conference call just yesterday.  As fun as it would be, now is really not the time to be job hunting.

2 years ago at a meeting, a colleague kept wittering on about a load of nonsense and without breaking for breath, reiterated the same information.

My inside voice was saying 'shut the f**k up' several times then I thought, what was that sound? I had actually told them to shut the f**k up.

After a bit of laughter round the table, the meeting went on as if nothing had happened, much to my relief.

I’d not thought about Noels House Party for many years but then I read this article which gets quite close to reflecting the strange, uncanny, bullying horror of 1990s entertainment television 

https://franticplanet.wordpress.com/2018/10/24/noels-house-party-first-last/

1 hour ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

whenever someone is talking to me face to face and they are close enough then ALL i can think about is punching them right in the face.

doesnt matter if its an old man or lady with a kind face.

And the least surprising post of 2021 goes to...

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I’d not thought about Noels House Party for many years but then I read this article which gets quite close to reflecting the strange, uncanny, bullying horror of 1990s entertainment television 

https://franticplanet.wordpress.com/2018/10/24/noels-house-party-first-last/

Enjoyable as this is, the dark colours and tiny writing is making my eyes itch. 

Also when I watched TV in the 90s I always wanted to be gunged. Am I a deviant?

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Enjoyable as this is, the dark colours and tiny writing is making my eyes itch. 

Also when I watched TV in the 90s I always wanted to be gunged. Am I a deviant?

Ah, it didn't look like that on my phone.

Yes, it means you are a deviant.  Please report for re-education immediately.

A Clockwork Orange And 8 Other Movies With Terrifying Eye Scenes -  CINEMABLEND

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

quote-385548-share.thumb.jpg.257f8a644330e222d9b8aa2d310d7c20.jpg

Similar to people who immediately went out of their way to douse polymer bank notes in sulphuric acid and throw them in a furnace just to prove that the notes were not indestructible as claimed.
This is also why if anyone was immortal they’d keep bloody quiet about it, for fear of nutcases trying to prove otherwise.

26 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Similar to people who immediately went out of their way to douse polymer bank notes in sulphuric acid and throw them in a furnace just to prove that the notes were not indestructible as claimed.
This is also why if anyone was immortal they’d keep bloody quiet about it, for fear of nutcases trying to prove otherwise.

But if they were immortal, they'd have nothing to be worried about.

2 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Just because you’re immortal doesn’t mean your limbs can’t be chopped off.

Or so I’d imagine.

They grow back but it's a bit of a pain if someone does it when you're trying to get the shopping done.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Astonishing statistic.

Gets to the crux of the transparency versus privacy thing. Serious dangers each side. I don't really get what they mean by "online child abuse reports" though. Presumably most reports are made by someone phoning the cops.

One of these occasions when the sentences seem too lenient.  39 deaths in the pursuit of profit and one of the four offenders will be back out in nine years.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/essex-lorry-deaths-vietnam-migrants-jail-b1791171.html