Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I was walking past a burn there and suddenly felt this strange compulsion to just throw my phone in the water.  I like my phone though, very much.  Sometimes I'll see somebody about to run past, and just feel compelled to stick a leg out.  Sometimes I'll randomly feel compelled to just cross the road and back for no apparent reason.  Sometimes I'll write a document and then feel compelled to delete it for no particular reason.  Never do though.

Is there a name for this, other than 'mental'?

Eta: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Imp_of_the_Perverse?wprov=sfla1

I sometimes think what if I just suddenly steer whilst doing 70 usually when the road is empty or on a bridge which is odd. Maybe my subconscious is trying to kill me.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

I sometimes think what if I just suddenly steer whilst doing 70 usually when the road is empty or on a bridge which is odd. Maybe my subconscious is trying to kill me.

I've found myself by cliffs and felt random urges to jump.  Not in a "the world would be better off without me" type way, just more just for the sake of it (if that makes any sense).

Another one is just wanting to stand up in a meeting and just shout out career-ending obscenities.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've found myself by cliffs and felt random urges to jump.  Not in a "the world would be better off without me" type way, just more just for the sake of it (if that makes any sense).

Another one is just wanting to stand up in a meeting and just shout out career-ending obscenities.

Intrusive thought - Wikipedia

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Yeh I've had very similar thoughts, spooky.

Had a mental experience last night and I still don't know if it was a dream or if it actually happened.

Basically I 'woke up' gasping for breath, but could barely breathe, like something was inexplicably stopping me from taking a normal breath. It was a massive struggle to take a breath, like I had to fight to do it, like I was fighting for my survival.

At the same time I 'woke up' my arms felt like they weighed many times they normally did, and it was an incredible effort to lift them. Not only that, it felt like if I failed to raise my arms, I'd die.

It was incredibly realistic and I really don't know if it was real or not. It was terrifying as it felt like I was genuinely close to death. 

Had a mental experience last night and I still don't know if it was a dream or if it actually happened.
Basically I 'woke up' gasping for breath, but could barely breathe, like something was inexplicably stopping me from taking a normal breath. It was a massive struggle to take a breath, like I had to fight to do it, like I was fighting for my survival.
At the same time I 'woke up' my arms felt like they weighed many times they normally did, and it was an incredible effort to lift them. Not only that, it felt like if I failed to raise my arms, I'd die.
It was incredibly realistic and I really don't know if it was real or not. It was terrifying as it felt like I was genuinely close to death. 
Sounds like a mild case of sleep paralysis, used to get it quite alot where I was completely unable to move but could see things happening round about eg someone walking into the room, thankfully not had it in a while because by f**k it's scary.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I had something similar a couple of years ago - not the paralysis bit but the breathing. I felt I was having to consciously take a deep breath to fill my lungs. Then once I was thinking about it, it was as if I wasn't automatically taking a breath and I was scared to go back to sleep in case I stopped. Had a few tests at the doctor's but they didn't find anything wrong with my lungs.