Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Having a PHD in statistics doesn't mean you're sharp.   I doubt he'd score double figures on countdown.  

Its also irrelevant here, unless he has the relevant data and has done his own modelling that allows him to question the official narrative from a position of authority.  

7 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Might be amusing if CraigKillie from pieandbovril has access to real time government data, otherwise he couldn't possibly be in a position to comment or question. Does he have acces to such data?

Just take the L, mate.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What do you do when two experts with similar qualifications disagree with each other?

That's not the situation we have here. We have government experts with access to real time data giving their considered opinion, and a poster on here with no access to data having done no modelling at all throwing out an opinion.

The reason Craig won't post on that again is he would know having a PhD in statistics you can't form any reasonable conclusion on anything without access to good data, which he does not have, and without doing relevant modelling, which he hasn't done.

That was my objection, we have the actual government experts telling us what they have calculated the R number to be, and randoms on a football forum going nah that's shite.

Its not a hard choice to make who to believe there.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
I’m off work.  Again.  Having closed down due to Covid, without the benefits of the good weather the first lockdown benefitted from.

Perhaps you need to avail yourself of the benefits of white wine, and see if it settles you down any

He'd have finished it by the time you posted that.

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

That's not the situation we have here. We have government experts with access to real time data giving their considered opinion, and a poster on here with no access to data having done no modelling at all throwing out an opinion.

The reason Craig won't post on that again is he would know having a PhD in statistics you can't form any reasonable conclusion on anything without access to good data, which he does not have, and without doing relevant modelling, which he hasn't done.

That was my objection, we have the actual government experts telling us what they have calculated the R number to be, and randoms on a football forum going nah that's shite.

Its not a hard choice to make who to believe there.

I would've thought a guy claiming he had an IR degree would entertain the possibility that sometimes an 'expert' in a field is actually a fucking idiot and/ or talking out their arse.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I would've thought a guy claiming he had an IR degree would entertain the possibility that sometimes an 'expert' in a field is actually a fucking idiot and/ or talking out their arse.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make or what this pertains to, if you doubt the validity of the published R number then share with us your reasons for doing so. That's all I asked originally, and nobody had anything.

* This post is dedicated to DiegoDiego xxx

A MUM suffered face burns after scoffing a handful of mini-fireworks she thought were sweets.

Lisa Boothroyd, 48, says she found the multicoloured box of Fun Snaps among the lollipops in Costcutter

She chomped on some at home thinking it was popping candy — but they exploded leaving her in agony with chemical burns to her lips and gums.

Lisa, who also suffered a cracked tooth, said it felt like her mouth was “on fire” for weeks and she could barely eat or sleep

She was prescribed strong painkillers and, a month on, the burns have healed but she is still waiting for a dental appointment.

Lisa, an unemployed mum of one, of Rugby, Warwicks, said: “The Fun Snaps were with all the other sweets.

“I just keep thinking what could have happened if I’d given them to a child — they could’ve blown her mouth apart.”

Fun Snaps have a tiny quantity of explosive inside twisted paper

NINTCHDBPICT000630434545.jpg?strip=all&w

2 hours ago, bennett said:

A MUM suffered face burns after scoffing a handful of mini-fireworks she thought were sweets.

Lisa Boothroyd, 48, says she found the multicoloured box of Fun Snaps among the lollipops in Costcutter

She chomped on some at home thinking it was popping candy — but they exploded leaving her in agony with chemical burns to her lips and gums.

Lisa, who also suffered a cracked tooth, said it felt like her mouth was “on fire” for weeks and she could barely eat or sleep

She was prescribed strong painkillers and, a month on, the burns have healed but she is still waiting for a dental appointment.

Lisa, an unemployed mum of one, of Rugby, Warwicks, said: “The Fun Snaps were with all the other sweets.

“I just keep thinking what could have happened if I’d given them to a child — they could’ve blown her mouth apart.”

AEs8I2yvhp0g.jpeg

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Enjoyed biting those things as a youth and never had any burns from them. 

Things I want to share...  I want to say this.  I am absolutely disgusted with the bullying that is going on here.  I have counted 15 people that have bullied Carnoustie young guvnor in the past few days and it isn't right.  You should be ashamed of yourselves. 
We all have a right to express our opinions.  We are right sometimes and wrong often, but because we don't agree with what a poster writes is no reason to call for a ban on them, otherwise the forum would be empty. Just because your opinion is different from another posters, then that doesn't give you the right to call for a head.  Get off his/her back. 
Stop being bullies. 

I'd have much more sympathy for him if he didn't have a long history of swearing at posters who disagree with him.

Haven't posted in quite a while, in truth have found the latest lockdown very difficult. However, I have just landed a new job which is a huge relief. Currently work in the travel industry, and I was hanging on by a thread. Due to taking 20 days unpaid leave to help the company out, I am also due around 20 days holiday paid, which will clear the debts that I have racked up whilst being on furlough. A few cans this evening to celebrate. 

59 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Things I want to share...  I want to say this.  I am absolutely disgusted with the bullying that is going on here.  I have counted 15 people that have bullied Carnoustie young guvnor in the past few days and it isn't right.  You should be ashamed of yourselves. 

We all have a right to express our opinions.  We are right sometimes and wrong often, but because we don't agree with what a poster writes is no reason to call for a ban on them, otherwise the forum would be empty. Just because your opinion is different from another posters, then that doesn't give you the right to call for a head.  Get off his/her back. 

Stop being bullies. 

dc25f1308aba68a8b5b9dc09a795c413.gif