Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Find it worth remarking that the footage of that woman being shot in the Capitol is all over social media and being tweeted out by like journalists and popular academics etc. Feels weird that something which you would’ve had to have went on specific sites to see or found on the fringes of social media is now pretty much front and centre. I wonder why it is. Is it the inevitable end point of 24/7 news edging ever closer to just showing uncensored footage of atrocities?

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Find it worth remarking that the footage of that woman being shot in the Capitol is all over social media and being tweeted out by like journalists and popular academics etc. Feels weird that something which you would’ve had to have went on specific sites to see or found on the fringes of social media is now pretty much front and centre. I wonder why it is. Is it the inevitable end point of 24/7 news edging ever closer to just showing uncensored footage of atrocities?

Yeah I unwittingly watched it yesterday, as it was posted up without warning about how graphic it would be. I never watch stuff like that so was really surprised for it to be posted on social media without warning.

Scam email received today

FBI <fbi@fbi.gov.us>
Fri 08/01/2021 13:50
To:
  •  You

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI),
Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division,
FBI Headquarters
Dir. Christopher A. Wray
720 8th Avenue N. Washington 48104
United States Of America
Washington, DC 20535-0001

The United States Of America Newly Elected President Joseph Robinette Biden Jr, had meetings with top world leaders, these said meetings ended December 22nd 2020

The main purpose for these meetings is to put an end to all online hoax acts which have existed some few decades ago, which has led to pain, bankruptcy and even death to so many innocent people around the globe.

Investigation has shown some online SWINDLERS are located in the USA, ASIA, EUROPE, AFRICA, MIDDLE EAST, UAE, ? etc.
?
You're advised to stop contacting these SWINDLERS VIA email, phone calls, office, dating profiles, documents or persons from these above mentioned sources.
Our Cyber Division team under the supervision of Mr. Dean Phillips have been delegated.

Your EMAIL-ID was detected from a computer hard drive which belongs to one of the SWINDLERS convicted here in our custody with no further attached information about you.

The contents in this email was directed to you because your EMAIL-ID has been selected as one of the listed 100 fortunate victims to be compensated with the sum of $ 4.500.000:00 (FOUR MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS)

Contact Mr. Dean Phillips for your claim.

Email: fbi.agent@citromail.hu
Text Only;- (260) 619-1843

Upon contacting him, do provide him with the following information:-

Claim Code/Ref: ( FBI )/891QF849USGP/2020
Your full Name__________Your Address_____________
Home/Cell Phone___________Occupation____________Age/Sex____________

Heartfelt congratulations to you

Yours sincerely,

Dir. Christopher A. Wray
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/executives/
FBI executives and organizational structure.
www.fbi.gov

DIRECTOR FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, DC 20535-0001

****************************************************************************************************
DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
Information contained in this email is confidential and intended for the addresses only. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communication without prior permission from the addressee is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please delete it permanently without copying,disclosing or otherwise using its contents, and notify the sender immediately.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

The Roanoke Shooting Belongs on the Front Page, Images and All - New York  Daily News

Not really a new development.

QZXGZ6BHRUDHDRBEHJIDZISYVU.jpg&key=83b3b1f348b3ee4162a06374f11aeb80da9a8a1664766d3a31499a858c0b9d5b
Not really a new development.

Yeah, maybe not. It does feel like this last decade has been some sort of slow escalation over what is considered normal to get posted. Maybe there isn’t a difference but I did find it wild that we’ve even went from a tabloid posting images like that to someone like Adam Tooze just providing analysis to an actual video of someone being shot.

Yeah, maybe not. It does feel like this last decade has been some sort of slow escalation over what is considered normal to get posted. Maybe there isn’t a difference but I did find it wild that we’ve even went from a tabloid posting images like that to someone like Adam Tooze just providing analysis to an actual video of someone being shot.
In Indonesia they show mental stuff on just a normal news report. Seem to have no issue showing, for example, dead bodies after a car crash. I still find it wild they show this even through the day.

Who was it that posted recently about someone trying to use their bank card for food delivery? Had a phonecall from the bank earlier telling me someone had tried to use mine to order Deliveroo at half three in the morning, then 68p on something from America at around half eleven.

6 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Watching Robocop as a kid (great parenting) I used to think the tv newsreels were so far fetched that it was more absurd than satirical. Seeing it recently all that stuff in the film seems quite tame and innocent. 

32 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Watching Robocop as a kid (great parenting) I used to think the tv newsreels were so far fetched that it was more absurd than satirical. Seeing it recently all that stuff in the film seems quite tame and innocent. 

image.gif.a8a8d6331a276d4908e09d10758f58ea.gif

I read something about some of the new Saturday night shows on BBC, saying they seem like something from the tV clips in Robocop. Michael McIntyre asks questions about WW2 to Dermot O’Leary as he spins round in a giant machine with other b list celebrities. Danny Dyer stands in front of a big wall while contestants play Connect 4 with some general knowledge questions added in.