Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 25/12/2020 at 23:51, Sugar_Army said:

Spent today dressed as Santa dropping off gifts to family and visiting the cemetery.  Also made up wee treat bags and surprised all my work colleagues (we have all been split up working from home since March).

Spent last night dressed as Santa  as well when they were doing the "ring a bell" and handed out wee treats to all the people in the street. 

Just as I got back to my gate a car drove past and a woman in her 30s shouted "paedo" 😂

How did she recognise it was you?

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

HeProbably isn't the right thread for this, so apologies in advance. 

However, unsure where else to put it. Mods, please move as appropriate. 

Anyway, the old man is in hospital now.

He was having stomach problems since Tuesday and thought it was an old issue. It wasn't, and he's now awaiting an x-ray.

He's on a drip and is now on 3 antibiotics. The doctor thinks it may be a flair up of his diverticulitis, so hopefully not related to his blood cancer.

Let's hope not.

9 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Archaeologists in Pompeii have uncovered a perfectly preserved ancient fast food outlet. It has frescoes of the types of animals available on the menu. 

Sadly there is no picture of the kebabus or haggis supperus. Barbarians in my view.

20201227_005230.jpg

Not that bad. There's no mention of a mushroom supper.

Bizarre I know, but I find the Dudley Moore Santa Claus film incredibly creepy and unsettling. I don't know if it's the way it's filmed, or because it was never part of my childhood Christmas and just somebody else's*, but I find it incredibly unnerving to a level I have to change the channel.

*A bit like how your cousins have a grandmother who is completely unrelated to you, and hearing them referring to them as 'granny' would weird you out as a kid.
I was maybe 5 years old when I was taken to see that in the cinema. I don't remember anything about it, other than the overwhelming feeling of, "this is a bit creepy and unsettling".

See also Howard the Duck.

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Since watching the fantastic Righteous Gemstones, this is absolutely welded in my head. Great stuff. Goggins is fantastic.

Superb show. I'm gonna rewatch when I finish Justified, another great Goggins performance.

One of the local supermarkets has had a request from a foodbank to stop collecting just now as they have been inundated with stuff. It's a disgrace we have foodbanks in the first place but that's as good an outcome we can have with them just now so a bittersweet RTBC really.

22 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Doesn’t do anything to help the Palestinians whose situation is getting more and more sidelined in pursuit of gulf states’ national interests.

19 hours ago, 101 said:

The heralds list of 2020 clearly hasn't had its ads tweaked

Screenshot_20201227-163050.jpg

You should send that in to Private Eye. They have a regular column for stuff like that - unfortunate combinations of news stories and adverts.

One of my childhood friends Dad died the other day, which was sad to hear but it reminded me of a very strange thing he did one time I was staying at his house when I was about 10 years old in the 90’s. I was staying there one weekend and on the Saturday night I called my mom from the house phone, the conversation was fairly normal and then the dad approached me afterwards and told me to come into his office where he then proceeded to play back the phone conversation I had with my mother as if it was something incredibly intriguing to him. I never told anyone about it for years after but when I did the reactions were fairly mixed with some people thinking he was probably a wrong un and some people giving him the benefit of the doubt, I personally think it was an odd as f**k thing to do and could have been incredibly awkward if my mum had slagged him off in some way which was a genuine possibility as she thought he was a weirdo.