Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Got the Christmas tree and decorations up over the weekend. What a pantomime! (Oh, no it wasn't!)  Last year I just sent down selected items from the attic. This year my wife was organising it (I use the term organising in its loosest sense) and every single item that bore a passing resemblance to a christmas decoration was brought down.

Fortunately we had 3 of the grandchildren and our daughter to do the fetching and carrying (even the 3 year old helped out), I'm not able for it any more, up and down the stairs just kills me. Finally got the last of it sorted this afternoon.

Of course, half the boxes had to go back up again, as the stuff was never used (you'd need two houses to utilise it all) plus the empty ones, which will have to be brought down again in a fortnight.

Having said all that, it looks well.

Managed to get all the Christmas cards written for my side of the house this afternoon, so I'm pleased about that.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Typo

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

This magnet fishing lark is intriguing. I wonder if there are riches to be found in the Water of Leith (although I think they had a clear up a few years ago- IIRC they found a lot of bikes and a car)

I went magnet fishing in the Caledonian Canal for the keys for the boat we'd hired and a mobile phone. Caught loads of nails, maybe something to do with building the locks?, but nothing else.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I went magnet fishing in the Caledonian Canal for the keys for the boat we'd hired and a mobile phone. Caught loads of nails, maybe something to do with building the locks?, but nothing else.

Apparently it's illegal to fish things out of canals.

Well, in England anyway. I'm not sure if the particular Act had a Scottish section.

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Apparently it's illegal to fish things out of canals.

Well, in England anyway. I'm not sure if the particular Act had a Scottish section.

We brought some very basic fishing gear, but nobody was prepared to kill the fish if we caught any so we didn't bother, just relied on the lovely salmon  fillets we got at Lidl.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Not a single c**t can get logged on to my work's UK-wide system today - apparently, it's a world-wide Microsoft problem.

The c***s keep phoning me, and it's my day aff! :angry:

Bill Gates is too busy monitoring octogenarians to worry about this pish.