Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

When did people start saying ‘melt’? Another one is calling someone ‘trash’, although that is an Americanism that I think has come from Twitter.
I used to consider that melt was slang for your face (yer melt) but it seems to have evolved away from that.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Anyone who lacks the perspective in life to accept that things have different names and pronunciations in different places is a fucking melt.

Of course things have different names in different places. It’s just that a chipper is the same countrywide, it’s a place that chips wood. Whereas a chippy, also the same countrywide, is a place that sells fish suppers and the like. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

When did people start saying ‘melt’? Another one is calling someone ‘trash’, although that is an Americanism that I think has come from Twitter.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I used to consider that melt was slang for your face (yer melt) but it seems to have evolved away from that.

I think it's a southern English thing. Proper slang for your face is clearly yer puss.