Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It’s my 40th soon and everyone is asking me what I want but I don’t have a single clue.

Please suggest things I can ask for.

Presents normally end up being shite anyway. What you want is something memorable like getting all your friends and family round for a big party. Even better get them to rent out a pub.

50 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It’s my 40th soon and everyone is asking me what I want but I don’t have a single clue.

I can't remember my 40th. I don't think I was overly fussed although two workmates got me a nice tie with foxes on it.

Maybe the best you can hope for is yer hole.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Experiences. Ask for experiences.

But I'd let them know that a present isn't mandatory, and that they shouldn't feel pressure to get one. Also point out that a 40th doesn't need to be a 'special' occasion unless you want it to be. Don't be bound by expectations, and don't let others be bound by them.

Didn't realise that James Randi died the other day.

If you don't know him, he was a top lad who was a magician but then became a guy who debunked the scumbag frauds like scum who claim to be psychic, scum who claim to speak to the dead and scum who claim to speak to god. He once absolutely showed up that c**t Uri Geller as the piece of shit fraud he is in what was truly glorious television. 

There are numerous clips on Youtube of him destroying all manner of frauds, and they're all highly entertaining (especially the Geller stuff).

He set up a challenge in 1996 where if anyone could prove they had any sort of supernatural abilities (such as speaking to the dead or any other such absolute bullshit) they'd get $1000. This rose to $1M. The rules are agreed upon by both side for any challenge.

To date the total amount of money paid out by the challenge is precisely $0.

There was a great documentary on BBC about him a couple of years ago. If you can find it it's worth a watch.

Edited by DA Baracus

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Didn't realise that Jamea Randi died the other day.

If you don't know him, he was a top lad who was a magician but then became a guy who debunked the scumbag frauds like scum who claim to be psychic, scum who claim to speak to the dead and scum who claim to speak to god. He once absolutely showed up that c**t Uri Geller as the piece of shit fraud he is in what was truly glorious television. 

There are numerous clips on Youtube of him destroying all manner of frauds, and they're all highly entertaining (especially the Geller stuff).

He set up a challenge in 1996 where if anyone could prove they had any sort of supernatural abilities (such as speaking to the dead or any other such absolute bullshit) they'd get $1000. This rose to $1M. The rules are agreed upon by both side for any challenge.

There was a great documentary on BBC about him a couple of years ago. If you can find it it's worth a watch.

Uri Geller showing himself up as a scumbag even after all this time:

There is a docu on prime about him called An Honest Liar , well worth the watch, very interesting guy.

This isn't my photo but it was taken about 2 miles from my house. The 'cloud' on the horizon is smoke from a forest fire blazing about 70 miles from us. It grew by 100,000 acres yesterday and is now at about 260,000 acres. Several towns are being evacuated and the fire fighters are struggling because there's an even larger fire which has been burning for over 2 months, only a few miles east of this one. They're the 2 largest fires in Colorado history.

122472179_3387017528048008_5944103717184858114_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=LMZdD9BkUFUAX-ADAoP&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=23eb64cc8351caf28d6c334d1ec43104&oe=5FB7A3D4

The good news is, the temperatures dropped dramatically today and snow is in the forecast.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Uri Geller showing himself up as a scumbag even after all this time:

He's truly an absolutely dreadful human.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:
9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There is a docu on prime about him called An Honest Liar , well worth the watch, very interesting guy.

Nice, I'll take a look at that.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

f**k, didn't realise this. Randi is great, I've spent hours watching him dismantle this stuff and it's just great viewing. I hope Geller dies a horrible death.