Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

The units we have are sealed 10 year battery units, each one with its own pre-installed RF module forming their own RF network.

https://www.eielectronics.ie/products/fire/battery-powered/ei650irf-optical-smoke-alarm/

https://www.eielectronics.ie/products/fire/battery-powered/ei603rf-heat-alarm/

No wiring, no hub, no requirement for changes to fuse boxes.

45 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

See those folk with 3 or 4 BTL flats/houses that charge extortionate rent? I truly hope each and every one of their homes are completely fucked and costs them an absolute fortune to comply.

All that stuff has been the law for rental places for 5 years now, so it's more a case of bringing the owner-occupier market into line. It was really housing associations that struggled with the cost, hence the regulations being slackened off to allow the wireless systems.

For the change of career thread, it's a good time to be an electrician. 

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

There’s a street just down from me where a landlord from down south owns 9 of the 14 semi detached homes and charges £600 a month rent. My pals gran lives on the street and he’s approached her twice asking to buy her home privately.

I for one hope he’s completely fucked and ends up having to sell it all.

It's crazy. I was reading during lockdown Ed Sheeran took his UK portfolio to over something ridiculous like 2,000 homes.

The units we have are sealed 10 year battery units, each one with its own pre-installed RF module forming their own RF network.
https://www.eielectronics.ie/products/fire/battery-powered/ei650irf-optical-smoke-alarm/
https://www.eielectronics.ie/products/fire/battery-powered/ei603rf-heat-alarm/
No wiring, no hub, no requirement for changes to fuse boxes.

I was advised that the Scottish legislation allows for battery units with the appropriate RF connectivity so they speak to each other rather than insisting on hard wired. As you say might be a wee bit cheaper to buy and easier to install DIY.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's crazy. I was reading during lockdown Ed Sheeran took his UK portfolio to over something ridiculous like 2,000 homes.

Serious watch connoisseur as well, multi million pound collection.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I’m deffo going for a wireless system that hopefully triggers the next door neighbours system. Serve the c**t right for still hammering at  his bathroom walls for the past 14 months.

Maybe you should go next door and let him out.

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

No fucking chance. The c***s been at his bathroom for more than a year. 

That’s a bathroom that’s about 8’ x 8’.

Woke up in the shower room once and thought it was the cells. It was pitch black and a tiny room of about 4ft by 6 ft. Was sitting in there for hours in the dark trying to remember what I'd done the night before. Mrs Par then opened the door and asked what the f**k I was up to and why I wasn't in bed. 

2 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Woke up in the shower room once and thought it was the cells. It was pitch black and a tiny room of about 4ft by 6 ft. Was sitting in there for hours in the dark trying to remember what I'd done the night before. Mrs Par then opened the door and asked what the f**k I was up to and why I wasn't in bed. 

Could be worse. You could have been trapped in your bathroom for a whole weekend.

@Hedgecutter

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Got surprised by my mate the day and took up to Dunottar castle as I liked her photos from there a few weeks ago. Really enjoyable way to spend a day. Some beautiful views.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Been there, done that. Would've married the lassie but life had different ideas.

Ye ken the rules. Pics or...