Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Always makes me laugh when the Scots who whinge at their Clydesdale notes getting funny looks Down South do exactly the same thing when they're given an Ulster Bank note up here.

giphy.gif

Gulity, your honour. 

I used to rent out a flat to a Northern Irish guy who came back from a week in his homeland and proceeded to hand me the rent in Ulster Bank notes and I looked at them like, "What the f**k is this shit?"

I used to rent out a flat to a Northern Irish guy who came back from a week in his homeland and proceeded to hand me the rent in Ulster Bank notes and I looked at them like, "What the f**k is this shit?"

Up there with the Bank of Gowrie, although a £500 note would actually be quite handy when paying rent in cash I'd imagine.

13 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Aye, I've had a look, my house will be a nightmare getting cables run.

Even using RF detectors, you still have to get power to them somehow.

Deadline has now been pushed back to 2022

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54621068

15 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Even using RF detectors, you still have to get power to them somehow.

They have a sealed in, long life battery. When the battery dies you replace the unit. 
We’re already fully compliant, but had to relocate the one fitted in our hall as it was set off every time someone opened the bathroom door after a shower. 

Our house sale has fallen through.  Even though it's brutal news, we are actually kind of relieved as it's been going that way for a while, it's almost good to get it over with.

Edited by ICTChris

44 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Our house sale has fallen through.  Even though it's brutal news, we are actually kind of relieved as it's been going that way for a while, it's almost good to get it over with.

I told you to tell them to fuckoff on Sunday. I really wish people would listen to me. 

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

20201021_144204.thumb.jpg.06317c954e96c0dd297e5a30039885cf.jpg

Thought I was seeing dolphins in the Tay at Broughty Ferry but it's just people out for a swim/needing rescued.

That was your chance to do the David Hasselhoff thing and swim oot there and rescue them. 

I can't say for sure, but I think this is for new builds.
If it is a cover all, who is going to police it?

Have heard today it’s getting pushed back to 2022 and it applies to all - even individual private owners. Not sure how it’ll be policed but I expect insurance companies might take note. Excuse not to pay out?

Just now, 2lgm said:

Have heard today it’s getting pushed back to 2022 and it applies to all - even individual private owners. Not sure how it’ll be policed but I expect insurance companies might take note. Excuse not to pay out?

I've had a look around today and Fireangel products via Screwfix come out at £49.99 per module.

These are sealed battery units (no wiring) a bolt on is a wireless pro which works with an app, this needs to be connected to your hub via an ethernet cable.

It's a shite bit of legislation, but at the same time it's something I need to do. I only have 1 alarm in my house, in the hallway (I live in a bungalow, so it's at pretty much the centre of the house). Will need to get one in the living room and a heat one in the kitchen, as well as replace the hallway one. 

The costs could be way higher for many folk if they go to get an extra detector or two wired in, only to be told their fuseboard (goodbye to £450ish) or even worse, their wiring (££££££££££) is a shambles and mains alarms can’t be fitted until that’s all safe. Merry Christmas!

See those folk with 3 or 4 BTL flats/houses that charge extortionate rent? I truly hope each and every one of their homes are completely fucked and costs them an absolute fortune to comply.

There’s a street just down from me where a landlord from down south owns 9 of the 14 semi detached homes and charges £600 a month rent. My pals gran lives on the street and he’s approached her twice asking to buy her home privately.

I for one hope he’s completely fucked and ends up having to sell it all.