Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

I search 'Dundee' once a day on Twitter just to see if anything decent is on the go. Tonight, I've found this profile and I don't think she likes Derek much. 

"Mom's and dads of Dundee."? Do the fine folk of clootie city use the term "Mom"? Or has Marian perchance copyapasta'd this from some other online pedo outing and changed some of the words around?

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

_114959667_58f1e056-9d35-4683-9263-2745a

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-54593295

Newly discovered 2000 year old cat thing in Peru. It looks like some @throbber has drawn.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

There’s literally a road going up the sight of it. Maybe eating guinea pigs makes you blind.

Hey, did you see that?
See what?
That big cat thing.
What big cat thing.
Just back up a wee bit.
f**k me, how long has that been there?

Odd that the lads who built the fence a few feet away never noticed either. Yo lo llamo engaños.

There’s a billboard just outside Dunfermline for the Alhambra theatre. It wishes customers goodwill and says “we’ll be back soon”. Underneath it someone has added a sign that says “oh no you won’t!”.

Panto season has come early to West Fife.

Interesting article about the rise of MMA. Mansfield has 14 MMA gyms!

https://amp.economist.com/britain/2020/10/15/mixed-martial-arts-is-on-the-rise-in-britain-and-on-the-right?__twitter_impression=true

I trained at an MMA gym for a while and didn’t think the people there were particularly far right.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Interesting article about the rise of MMA. Mansfield has 14 MMA gyms!

https://amp.economist.com/britain/2020/10/15/mixed-martial-arts-is-on-the-rise-in-britain-and-on-the-right?__twitter_impression=true

I trained at an MMA gym for a while and didn’t think the people there were particularly far right.

I can’t believe someone is trying to link a sport to a political leaning. 

Wait a minute, people are fucking morons, of course they’ll try to link stuff.

Any MMA gym I have been in has been  run by people 100% committed to the sport and almost everything else was inconsequential.

Seems I'm agreeing with Douglas Ross on something.

First I've heard of this anyway.  Am I alone here.  :unsure:

Concerns have been raised about new Scottish Government legislation which makes it a legal requirement for all homes to have interlinked smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in under four months.

Under the terms of the new rules, published by the Scottish Government last week, Scottish homeowners must have a ceiling-mounted smoke alarm in their living room, hallways and landings and a heat alarm in every kitchen.

The alarm system must be interlinked.

And carbon monoxide alarms should be fitted where there is a fuel burning appliance or a flue.

Link

22 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Seems I'm agreeing with Douglas Ross on something.

First I've heard of this anyway.  Am I alone here.  :unsure:

Link

I can't say for sure, but I think this is for new builds.

If it is a cover all, who is going to police it?

9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you work on The Death Star?

The Empire were certainly recruiting on LinkedIn

Overview

Help us crush the Rebellion and restore order throughout the Galaxy. If you're looking for a fast-paced work environment with the opportunity for rapid promotion, then join the Galactic Empire today! Now hiring for the following positions:

• Radar Technicians

• Supercannon Engineers (Level I, II, and III)

• Tie Fighter Pilots

• Tie Bomber Pilots

• Droid Maintenance

• Stormtroopers

• Kitchen Staff

I’ve never had a great memory but my forgetfulness seems to be accelerating.  Couldn’t think of the word ‘versatile’ in a discussion with my wife about an actor earlier today.

Maybe it’s inevitable but the thought of early onset Alzheimer’s is a worry.