Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

8 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Want to see what words were "born" the same year as you? Merriam-Webster can tell you.

Time traveller

Fish finger is one of mine. Even thought that's two words. 

Nutter and smart-ass - but I'm sure that's just coincidence.

Also self-denigrating, so maybe it isn't.

Edited by GordonD

8 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Want to see what words were "born" the same year as you? Merriam-Webster can tell you.

Time traveller

Fish finger is one of mine. Even thought that's two words. 

Pestilence and bubonic.  I’m getting all nostalgic.

AIDS, Gaydar, Vaginosis.

Snap.

EDIT: Bugger, I misread it. I’m 1983 which has ‘AIDS virus’ and ‘bacterial vaginosis’ among the new words.

On a related note I’ve just been refused alcohol at the supermarket as the checkout woman refused to believe I was over 25. I suppose I should take that as a compliment.

Snap.

EDIT: Bugger, I misread it. I’m 1983 which has ‘AIDS virus’ and ‘bacterial vaginosis’ among the new words.

On a related note I’ve just been refused alcohol at the supermarket as the checkout woman refused to believe I was over 25. I suppose I should take that as a compliment.
The only time this has happened to me was in a wee shop in Aberdeen, Holborn Street I think.

Asian gent asked me for ID - I was 30 or so at the time - and then his wee auld wifey Scottish assistant woman pipes up 'Dont be daft, he's about 40'.

How to be made to feel great one minute......

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Bodhran, cash cow, bipolar disorder, brain dead, bombed-out, playlist, rubber-chicken, scammer, sleazeball, veggie burger and interestingly enough, woke.

City's team this afternoon?

Post-consumer, plug & play, Tommy John surgery, crate train, yuppify, desktop publishing. AIDS-related, cardio, terabyte, powerwalk, active matrix, hantavirus, fluoroquinolone. Search engine, horndog, nanocrystal, transfer mode, laptop, program trading, southern minke whale. Moonwalk, caps lock, CD4, CD8, death metal, deltavirus, chipset, guppies, date-rape.

We didn't start the fire...

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Decided to show the kids some of my old tae kwon do moves after watching more cobra kai.   

I've realised now that its been 25 years, I think I may have dislocated my hip.

Not so much Tae Kwon do as Twat can't do

Three people I work with have recently moved house and have opted for new builds (or relative new builds). There seems to be a real feeling that buying a new build is some sort of status symbol. A sign of luxury. However, these three locations are in Dumbarton, Clydebank and Airdrie.

Being as respectful as I can, I have suggested that buying an older house in a more affluent area of Glasgow/surrounds would be my choice. 

Three people I work with have recently moved house and have opted for new builds (or relative new builds). There seems to be a real feeling that buying a new build is some sort of status symbol. A sign of luxury. However, these three locations are in Dumbarton, Clydebank and Airdrie.
Being as respectful as I can, I have suggested that buying an older house in a more affluent area of Glasgow/surrounds would be my choice. 

Mortgaged out their eyeballs on a new build and a leased bmw in the drive. It’s the younger generations way of wanting people to think they’re middle class.