Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

There was an article I read the other day where young people were worrying that their "dream career" may be in tatters due to the pandemic.

"Dream career" :lol:

They might get a bit of a shock when they find everyone and their dug has a degree these days and the only job they can get is working in a call centre selling crap to folk who don't want it.

9 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

That's wild. I kid but we had pretty decent careers advice all things considered. I never did become an engineer but that's what they pushed me towards at least. They did recommend the most bimbo-ish popular girl become a hairdresser or air hostess which was quite funny like.

Air hostess- my 2nd favourite Busted song.

Also- we had an Airbnb stay last week with a lady down near Konstanz who is a long-flight Air Hostess. She works 4 flights a month, gets full salary and free travel within the whole Star Allianz group. 

Did everyone who went to school in the 90s do they thing where you filled out a questionnaire and fed it into a computer and it came back with your top twenty jobs? I remember getting interpreter back as well as journalist and technical author. One kid was annoyed because he wanted to be an offshore diver but was shit at school and a wee ned so got stuff like ‘binman’ and ‘labourer’.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Did everyone who went to school in the 90s do they thing where you filled out a questionnaire and fed it into a computer and it came back with your top twenty jobs? I remember getting interpreter back as well as journalist and technical author. One kid was annoyed because he wanted to be an offshore diver but was shit at school and a wee ned so got stuff like ‘binman’ and ‘labourer’.

I did this and my top job was yacht designer, despite there being no mention of boats in the questions.

In hindsight, it seemed to go on forever, so maybe there were questions about absolutely everything else except boats and I displayed no interest in any of it.

48 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I did the computer questionnaire thingy and laughed at the top three options, two of which were fairly niche. I now am one of the top 3 and did modules based roughly on the other two at university. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I actually found mine recently. Must have been from about 87. Think it said work in computers. 

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

It sounds daft but a colleague left to get a masters just to be able to apply for an entry level engineer role while theres engineers with basic degrees who were asking him and me for help to do their job.
We are just seen as a number.

No it doesn’t sound daft. I’m laughing at the notion of you leaving a job you’ve done nothing but moan about on here for years without actually taking the step to, you know, leave. 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Scot-cal, if I remember correctly.

Fish farm manager. 😕

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

No it doesn’t sound daft. I’m laughing at the notion of you leaving a job you’ve done nothing but moan about on here for years without actually taking the step to, you know, leave. 

That place couldn't run without him. He knows it, they know it. FACT!

53 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That place couldn't run without him. He knows it, they know it. FACT!

You take me and the other four guys out of there and production drops by 80%. It’s actually written on the walls every day as we have targets.

Same bunch of mugs carrying the other fuckers who get the same wages and bonus. So yes you are correct sir.

edit and also, just for fun we have to rework their shite and, this is the fun bit, give them a hand when we aren’t busy.

Edited by D.A.F.C

You take me and the other four guys out of there and production drops by 80%. It’s actually written on the walls every day as we have targets.
Same bunch of mugs carrying the other fuckers who get the same wages and bonus. So yes you are correct sir.
edit and also, just for fun we have to rework their shite and, this is the fun bit, give them a hand when we aren’t busy.

David Brent quote?

Just now, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

David Brent quote?

I wish it was a comedy m9. Apologies for going off on one again. A bit like boy who cried wolf now but I’m going to ask for training or opportunities next month and explain that it’s that or I need to look elsewhere. They can’t defend their previous actions and will probably give it tough leave then but I think I need to hear it then act on it. As tough as it is in this financial climate, despite not appearing to do anything I have saved up enough to step away and pursue education while doing part time or full time. Not good timing with universities though either tbh but f**k it.