Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Was talking to my wife about this - she and the writer are right, men have no idea how much this factors into every decision women make when they're out and about. My wife says every time she's walking somewhere and a man is coming the other way she does a quick assessment of how likely he is to be a threat and then crosses the road, goes into a shop, pretends to be on her phone if she thinks there's a chance of getting hassle. I couldn't imagine living my day to day life like that. Shite state of affairs.

My girlfriend was telling when she was a student, and occasionally still does, keep keys between her fingers when she is out at night. I genuinely had no idea. Until we are out once together, and a guy actually asked her out for drinks, while we were out together. As you say a shite state of affairs.

28 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

School hats? What sort of life do you want your boy to lead?

I don't make the rules at Pyongyang High, Miguel. 

However I'm quite glad of the rule that helps prevent his face and head getting burnt to a crisp in the summer sun. 

2 hours ago, anonanist said:

I worry that the Pars are making a horrible mistake by giving up hard-won fan ownership to moneybags investors. I hope it goes well for them, but I'd rather see clubs plod along at their level than do something risky and regret it in the future.

We have gone a bit signing crazy right enough. 

My girlfriend was telling when she was a student, and occasionally still does, keep keys between her fingers when she is out at night. I genuinely had no idea. Until we are out once together, and a guy actually asked her out for drinks, while we were out together. As you say a shite state of affairs.
Really makes me quite sad this.

I can say without doubt that it's never crossed my mind that a woman would feel the need to make moves like that when out.

Such as sad way to have to deal with everyday life [emoji45]

8 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Doing an application for a post - there's a bit at the end that says 'For posts in Northern Ireland, please state whether your religion is Protestant or Catholic. 

f**k's sake.

What year is this? 

Is this not supposed to be so that they monitor that folk aren't being discriminated against due to their religion?

Supposed to be...

12 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Doing an application for a post - there's a bit at the end that says 'For posts in Northern Ireland, please state whether your religion is Protestant or Catholic. 

f**k's sake.

What year is this? 

If you dont know what year it is, i doubt you'll get the job m8.

(Protestant was the right answer btw)

Imagine being the richest man in Britain and deciding to move to a shithole to cheat the tax man. There was series on Monaco recently on BBC Two, it's hell on earth.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/sep/25/sir-jim-ratcliffe-uks-richest-person-moves-to-tax-free-monaco-brexit-ineos-domicile

Imagine being the richest man in Britain and deciding to move to a shithole to cheat the tax man. There was series on Monaco recently on BBC Two, it's hell on earth.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/sep/25/sir-jim-ratcliffe-uks-richest-person-moves-to-tax-free-monaco-brexit-ineos-domicile
Maybe now the UK and Scottish governments will stop pandering to his whims and threats.

Supports brexit.. Leaves the country.
Seems to be a pattern with the business ones that were for this.