Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

We were buzzing like that after staying at a place where a pine marten would visit each morning. He’d come for jam sandwiches and cart them off to his house. 
Trying not to come across as a bit of a cock, but for those few minutes everything else in life, covid, work, relationships and all the other shit was forgetting about while I watched that creature. It's one of those moments that you know you'll never forget.

Getting a mattress delivered by Benson's today. Got initial text saying expected 7.00am to 3.00pm and advised I would get something more specific night before. Last night voicemail will be delivered between 7.00am and 9.00am, van driver to phone 30m before. So up and breakfast had for 7.00am. Phone call from driver 10m ago, will be with me between 9.00 and 11.00 and it will be doorstep delivery only !!!

The doorstep thing I kinda expected although new regs allow workies in your house but to be up for 7.00 when you don't need to be then waiting up to 4hrs is shite.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Getting a mattress delivered by Benson's today. Got initial text saying expected 7.00am to 3.00pm and advised I would get something more specific night before. Last night voicemail will be delivered between 7.00am and 9.00am, van driver to phone 30m before. So up and breakfast had for 7.00am. Phone call from driver 10m ago, will be with me between 9.00 and 11.00 and it will be doorstep delivery only !!!

The doorstep thing I kinda expected although new regs allow workies in your house but to be up for 7.00 when you don't need to be then waiting up to 4hrs is shite.

If you're buying a new mattress, clearly your old one is knackered so why are you complaining about having to get up off it early?

40 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Turning them all in to drones.

This stuff should be none of their business.

The uniform bit, yes. The rest, not so much.

I couldn't agree more but I suspect it may all be a front to ensure there are no horrendous mullets on the school grounds and that parents of kids with mullets don't sue for mulletism. If that's the case then it's totally understandable and justified IMO.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

You are lucky. Usually you get a Between 7and 7 email and sit about like a dick until 5pm when the driver phones you as they are outside.

59 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Turning them all in to drones.

This stuff should be none of their business.

The uniform bit, yes. The rest, not so much.

100% agree, imagine your work tried to tell you how to brush your hair.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

You are lucky. Usually you get a Between 7and 7 email and sit about like a dick until 5pm when the driver phones you as they are outside.

100% agree, imagine your work tried to tell you how to brush your hair.

Mine did - was summoned to the Governor's office at College as he didn't like the way I (and a few other trainee Officers) used clippers on our hair. This was twenty-odd years ago, mind - long hair (including man-buns), hipster beards and visible neck/head tattoos are apparently OK in the Modern Prison Service.

Jesus, I've become me Da'.

1 hour ago, anonanist said:

I worry that the Pars are making a horrible mistake by giving up hard-won fan ownership to moneybags investors. I hope it goes well for them, but I'd rather see clubs plod along at their level than do something risky and regret it in the future.

From what they've been saying they won't be chucking cash at the club so that they can rush out and sign up players to hugely inflated, and unsustainable, wages.

They've said promising things, but then again they aren't exactly going to say if they did have nefarious motives.

Time will tell with it all. We need to be cautious about it and keep a close eye on things.