Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

A man has blown up part of his house in France while trying to swat a fly.

The man, who is in his 80s, was about to tuck into his dinner when he became irritated by a fly buzzing around him.

He picked up an electric racket designed to kill bugs and start swatting at it - but a gas canister was leaking in his Dordogne home.

A reaction between the racket and the gas caused an explosion, destroying the kitchen and partly damaging the roof of the home in Parcoul-Chenaud village.

According to local media, the unnamed man had a lucky escape, sustaining just a burn to the hand.

However, the fate of the fly is not known, news outlet Sud-Ouest notes .

He has since checked into a local campsite while his family repair the house

10 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Bet it's either Blairhall or High Valleyfield.
Why would anyone want to leave.?

10 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

My money is on Steelend or Saline.

One of the mentioned places in the two quoted posts is correct.

12 hours ago, bennett said:

A man has blown up part of his house in France while trying to swat a fly.

The man, who is in his 80s, was about to tuck into his dinner when he became irritated by a fly buzzing around him.

He picked up an electric racket designed to kill bugs and start swatting at it - but a gas canister was leaking in his Dordogne home.

A reaction between the racket and the gas caused an explosion, destroying the kitchen and partly damaging the roof of the home in Parcoul-Chenaud village.

According to local media, the unnamed man had a lucky escape, sustaining just a burn to the hand.

However, the fate of the fly is not known, news outlet Sud-Ouest notes .

He has since checked into a local campsite while his family repair the house

Are newspaper reporters paid by the word? People never "eat" a meal, they "tuck into" it. Similarly, they never "get married", they "tie the knot".

9 hours ago, Snafu said:

A man in France has accidentally blown up part of his house while trying to chase a fly with an electric swat.

The man, in his 80s, was eating his dinner on Friday evening when he became annoyed at a fly buzzing around him.

He picked up the electronic fly swat and took aim at it, as he was unaware of a gas cylinder leaking at his home in the village of Parcoul-Chenaud in Dordogne.

A reaction occurred between the swat and the gas, causing an explosion and part of his kitchen to blow up.

The blast also damaged a section of his roof and the house is currently uninhabitable.

Somehow the man managed to escape the catastrophe with just a burn to his hand.

His family are repairing the house while he resides at a local campsite, news outlet Sud Ouest reported.

It is unknown what happened to the fly.

Has anyone here destroyed their house while trying kill a fly or wasp?

Well I've just seen a big house spider crawl across the floor and I'd probably have destroyed the house with my clumsiness trying to get it. Fortunately I can't be bothered and it will f**k off under the sofa.

As this is the time of year the hairy buggers come out to get jiggy with each other it must be hell for KnightswoodBear. Perhaps he lives in a guaranteed arachnid free oxygen tent in September.

I learned today that Limp Bizkit won a VMA for Rollin’ (Air Raid Vehicle) five days before 9/11 which surely makes that the last significant cultural artefact featuring the Twin Towers before they fell

Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit is now a movie director and last year he directed a horror that starred John Travolta as an autistic street performer who goes on a killing spree.

I noticed Alex Turner trending on twitter this evening.   On further investigation it appears to be some weird conspiracy that he's a nonce who groomed a 13 year American girl, several years back on social media.  This would be the same Alex Turner who is completely against social media (good cover story I suppose, if you want to nonce kids online).  The girl had an active blog years back discussing mental health issues and a 'relationship'  she was in with a band member, who she didn't actually meet in person but believes she was communicating with via a third party who was known to the band.  Several 'sources' are now saying this is Tuner without any evidence whatsoever, not that that matters on the internet.  A bit of reading links it all back to some guy who runs an Arctic Monkeys fan page in America who is being named as the third party.  Several women outing him as a creep and it seems to be going in the direction that he was pretending to be Turner, to groom this girl. 

It makes for some very bizarre reading.

Edited by MONKMAN

There are multiple wildfires burning throughout the western US right now and while thankfully, none are close to us, we've been blanketed in smoke from them all the same. Campfire smoke is one of my favourite smells. Wildfire smoke, not so much. Mobile phone and zoomed in, so not great quality but these were all taken in my neighbourhood earlier today.

118997073_10221152718820547_7435121630621715373_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=GiwmKlhjPNgAX9cn1kr&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=2c6151b12c73b61b8a6e211764bbd516&oe=5F7DDF38

119074566_10221152720660593_3895023036341198751_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=bgF5Q1DI4FkAX8o54-U&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=842fc9fbb05fd250b6acbe67e442ca8a&oe=5F7C0197

118952377_10221152720580591_2883533633380215499_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=7I3L3_nGW3oAX_xUlsO&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=39a90c5d413db0a66ce1eee9b65620d9&oe=5F7C8C2D

Edited by Shotgun