Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

There's definitely some business opportunities to be had in this whole "Selling something utterly meaningless" malarkey.

"Send us some money and we'll name a star after you and send you a chart showing which one it is."
"Send us some money and we'll make up a title and tell you it's yours."
Will ye aye?

If any P&Bers wish to send me some money (PM for my bank details) I'll name a passing cloud after them and send a photo for you to keep.

You used to be able to "buy" an acre of land on the Moon. Still can, for all I know.

10 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

VT off on hols:

0D6A8A3A-661C-4813-BE85-BC9865D40473.jpeg

I've delivered parcels in that street a couple of times. Once down at the end, to the right of those bins, and the other off to the left of the photo, and back up a bit.

ETA the roadworks round there are a pain in the arse.

Edited by Boghead ranter

16 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I've delivered parcels in that street a couple of times. Once down at the end, to the right of those bins, and the other off to the left of the photo, and back up a bit.

ETA the roadworks round there are a pain in the arse.

Think it's an old NHS building being turned into flats there. That street always stuck in my head as a kid. Walking up there with the old man on the way to the car after knocking Airdrie out of the Skol Cup at Tynecastle and hearing all their fans moaning to each other about the injustice of it all (we won in slightly lucky circumstances). 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Think it's an old NHS building being turned into flats there. That street always stuck in my head as a kid. Walking up there with the old man on the way to the car after knocking Airdrie out of the Skol Cup at Tynecastle and hearing all their fans moaning to each other about the injustice of it all (we won in slightly lucky circumstances). 

I'll fucking slightly you!

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Davie Syme was a top ref and Andy Rhodes wasn't going to forget his old friends either. 

I've told this before.

A few years ago on the way to a Rutherglen match an old boy in the pub was chatting to my mate. I asked who he was once he was away. My mate had withheld his identity in case I insulted him. It was Syme.

Just after the semi final I'd asked my mate if he knew where Syme lived to allow me to play a practical joke, tie a scarf to his door handle, post programmes in the letter box...fūck his bin through the living room window type thing.

He didn't tell me then either.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've told this before.

A few years ago on the way to a Rutherglen match an old boy in the pub was chatting to my mate. I asked who he was once he was away. My mate had withheld his identity in case I insulted him. It was Syme.

Just after the semi final I'd asked my mate if he knew where Syme lived to allow me to play a practical joke, tie a scarf to his door handle, post programmes in the letter box...fūck his bin through the living room window type thing.

He didn't tell me then either.

That has to be in the top three worst refereeing decisions I've seen. Not surprised folk are still bitter about it. 

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That has to be in the top three worst refereeing decisions I've seen. Not surprised folk are still bitter about it. 

I can never find photos from the time to show how bad it was. It was a conspiracy!

Although some (Hearts) might say karma was served when John Martin "saved" about a foot behind the goal line at SC semi a few months later.

I say, tough fucking shite ya jambo bãstard.