Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Some of the cars the people who live in my row of flats are crazy, given the value of the flats. 
There's two Teslas and two Maseratis, and a quick google suggests they're £70,000+.   Mental.

One of my friends won a raffle on Friday night on FB, some car website. First prize, which he won, was a Lamborghini Aventador, which is worth circa £270,000. He was offered a cash prize of £130,000 instead, but decided to take the car. Drove to London from Glasgow at 2am yesterday morning and collected it.

He stays in a council estate near the east end of Glasgow. I think he has managed to find a secure space to keep the car, rather than have it parked outside his house.

One of my friends won a raffle on Friday night on FB, some car website. First prize, which he won, was a Lamborghini Aventador, which is worth circa £270,000. He was offered a cash prize of £130,000 instead, but decided to take the car. Drove to London from Glasgow at 2am yesterday morning and collected it.

He stays in a council estate near the east end of Glasgow. I think he has managed to find a secure space to keep the car, rather than have it parked outside his house.

Could he not just sell the car for more than £130,000?

30 minutes ago, Adam said:

Trouble is, it's in London.

That car could buy my house 3 times over. That'd be getting sold right away.
Even getting handed it for free most folk couldnt afford to run and maintain a car like that. First service would have you in tears. Sell immediately is the correct choice here.

35 minutes ago, Adam said:

Did he just leave his old car sitting by the pavement in London? I probably would.

Could he not just sell the car for more than £130,000?

Absolutely, but I just think it was a bit of a bawache getting insurance at short notice/the fear of driving it 400 miles, that may put people off taking the car and just taking the cash. I think I would have taken the cash over the car tbh, couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of selling it.

35 minutes ago, Adam said:

That's shitehouse behaviour from the competition making him collect it. How much was his insurance on it? 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

That car could buy my house 3 times over. That'd be getting sold right away.

This. I wrote here about a guy in my work missing out on a £160,000 (I think it was) car by about half an inch. He then won A Focus RS a week later. He's not a boy racer, or even that into cars, but he's keeping it. Mentalist. 

It’ll be worth about £190k now, it’s off the forecourt & a registered owner. Should’ve contacted a luxury dealer in London.
ETA- did he just leave his old car there? Think I would have done that.

His girlfriend went with him, and drove his car back whilst he drove the Lamborghini.

I’m not sure how prices work with super cars, but I think he anticipates getting near the market value for it, once he’s had a few shots of it first.

This. I wrote here about a guy in my work missing out on a £160,000 (I think it was) car by about half an inch. He then won A Focus RS a week later. He's not a boy racer, or even that into cars, but he's keeping it. Mentalist. 

No idea about insurance costs, but he owns an imported Escalade, which gets roughly 7 miles to the gallon, which I’m sure isn’t cheap to insure, but he knows his cars.

Delighted for him, one of these things you think would never happen to you.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

This all sounds sketchy as f**k. How many raffles tickets would you need to sell to make any dough on that contest?

I think it's the same folk who run the ones in airports. They tend to run the raffle so long to generate the cash

This all sounds sketchy as f**k. How many raffles tickets would you need to sell to make any dough on that contest?

It’s 100% legitimate, I did think, up until he actually sent a photo of the car next to his house, that it was a wind-up. No idea how many tickets were sold.

30 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

You enter specific raffles. There will be ones for Lambo's, ones for Porche's, Merc's etc. Tickets for Lambo ones usually cost about £15 a pop. 

Theres probably a car a day given away. 

BOTB.