Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Well it definitely does more harm than good, I don’t see the point in trying to disguise it as a healthy drink when everyone who goes out drinking knows it’s not healthy.
Nonsense. It's only unhealthy and doing more harm than good if folk abuse it. There are plenty of studies showing the benefits of appropriate alcohol intake.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, throbber said:
Well it definitely does more harm than good, I don’t see the point in trying to disguise it as a healthy drink when everyone who goes out drinking knows it’s not healthy.

Nonsense. It's only unhealthy and doing more harm than good if folk abuse it. There are plenty of studies showing the benefits of appropriate alcohol intake.

Almost everyone who drinks beer does it too much too often though, do you think people celebrating international beer day are going to drink 1 beer and have a toast to their kidneys health and for their vitamin B12 intake?

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Almost everyone who drinks beer does it too much too often though, do you think people celebrating international beer day are going to drink 1 beer and have a toast to their kidneys health and for their vitamin B12 intake?

I most certainly will.

I'm not sure what I'll be toasting for the other 5 or 6 though!  

I think you're protecting somewhat there as a relatively young chap, living in a city in the UK. There are plenty folk who rarely set foot in a pub and just have alcohol with meals, it's just a different demographic from the ones you hang out with. Not everyone's a binge drinker.

As for those actually celebrating international beer day, I'll email all ten of them and get back to you later.

13 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think you're protecting somewhat there as a relatively young chap, living in a city in the UK. There are plenty folk who rarely set foot in a pub and just have alcohol with meals, it's just a different demographic from the ones you hang out with. Not everyone's a binge drinker.

As for those actually celebrating international beer day, I'll email all ten of them and get back to you later.

I get all that, I just think saying “beer is good for you” is wildly misleading just because there is some nutritional value in drinking it in small quantities. It’s like claiming cake is good for you as the cherry on top contributes to your 5 a day.

I get all that, I just think saying “beer is good for you” is wildly misleading just because there is some nutritional value in drinking it in small quantities. It’s like claiming cake is good for you as the cherry on top contributes to your 5 a day.
Anyone who actually takes what Eednud posted seriously deserves liver failure.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
That's disappointing. I was convinced it was one of you two

Nobody said it wasn't.

The way I read both responses suggested it was a third party, perhaps even Baracus himself.

If not, may I congratulate one of you on your acting skills?

The chap who came up with the idea of the North Coast 500 was on the news talking about the problem of the narrow roads up north.

He was wanting more "pulling off places"

Isn't that just another name for dogging spots...

Just now, tamthebam said:

The chap who came up with the idea of the North Coast 500 was on the news talking about the problem of the narrow roads up north.

He was wanting more "pulling off places"

Isn't that just another name for dogging spots...

No, just shows him up as the Tory incomer he is.

14 minutes ago, Empty It said:
17 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:
Some of the cars the people who live in my row of flats are crazy, given the value of the flats. 
There's two Teslas and two Maseratis, and a quick google suggests they're £70,000+.   Mental.

Dealers.

Drugs or cars?