Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I'm having a right shitty few days.

Health is all over the place because I've lost the ability to be strict with food and drink (major restrictions due to Crohn's disease). It's like I'm an addict and can't fucking help myself. Finished a pretty full carton of fresh orange earlier, when i meant to only have 100ml.

And to top it off, i changed my mind at a roundabout today and hit the kerb, bursting the tyre. At least it was one minute away from a tyre garage but still... 70 quid for silly carelessness.

I need to change my frame of mind. Feeling sorry for myself so i need to just knuckle down, be strict with things, and have a better day.

(this is my equivalent of giving myself a good talking to)
Try take even 5 or 10 minutes to sit and empty your mind. Just try and focus on your breathing, slowly. It's good to calm the mind and be able to focus properly again on whatever it is you need.

Try take even 5 or 10 minutes to sit and empty your mind. Just try and focus on your breathing, slowly. It's good to calm the mind and be able to focus properly again on whatever it is you need.
Aye that's been helping. I've been seeing a psychologist and the mindfulness stuff is very good.

Not easy though.

Fucking urge surfing. Jeezo.
I dunno how viable this is with the way you mostly get your nutrition but have you thought about setting an exercise goal and including how you feed yourself as part of that goal? I'm not one to talk with the gyms shut but when I am aiming to lift heavier than I have before I will be much more disciplined in the run up to it about what gets eaten. If it's not going to help me towards me hitting my goal for carbs/protein/fat that day, it doesn't get eaten. I probably should be like that all the time but my willpower's sometimes lacking when the bairn's being a handful. It's like the ever present goal means you're always asking yourself as you pick up some food if it's really a good idea. I've found it helpful in my case anyway.
Anyway I dunno if a fitness goal is the most appropriate, I dunno how Crohns affects that side of things, but perhaps if when you do eat it's in support of *some* specific purpose that might help to eliminate lapses like that.

I do need goals, but not really exercise ones. We've got a couple of nights away next week so I'll be strict ahead of that, to make sure i get the most out of it.

I just seem to have lost control a bit in the last few days, but cheers for the advice.

Typing it on here, and talking to my missus, is a way of helping motivate. Just need a kick up the arse.

14 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

My mum is in the process of moving house and sent up lots of crap I have at hers including my high school year book. 

20200801_192804.jpg

A fairly shite prediction, but if they had come up with "married to a cold toast eating deviant she met on a football message board", that would have been seriously impressive.

15 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Aye that's been helping. I've been seeing a psychologist and the mindfulness stuff is very good.

My old dear manages to see one maybe once a month ( Wedderburn) and their so happens to be just only one of them. Seems to be keeping her out Carsview.

However I have a friend who has been looking to go and see one but has been told the waiting list is 2 years? I somewhat believe it as was told their is a mega shortage of Psychologists. 

9 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

My old dear manages to see one maybe once a month ( Wedderburn) and their so happens to be just only one of them. Seems to be keeping her out Carsview.

However I have a friend who has been looking to go and see one but has been told the waiting list is 2 years? I somewhat believe it as was told their is a mega shortage of Psychologists. 

Massive turnover of them in Dundee. Same with the psychs. 

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Think it’s common across NHS. Mental health is poorly funded with increasing demands placed on it.

My only dealing with nhs services is when I know I need go into hospital. My last admission was a disaster due to hapless RMN. 

I need continuity of care and it just doesn’t happen in nhs.

6 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Think it’s common across NHS. Mental health is poorly funded with increasing demands placed on it.

My only dealing with nhs services is when I know I need go into hospital. My last admission was a disaster due to hapless RMN. 

One of the wards in Carsview is still not in use ( getting used for coronavirus but never has been used yet).

Her tablets just get either upped or changed. Lots of reassurance on certain things and that's about it. 

She does get the support ( sort of) when she phones up ( usually does this behind my dads back) but aye it is what it is. 

11 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Continuity was fairly god in dundee about 10-15 years ago but that has gone now.  Just seems to be constant locum psychiatrists these days.

I'm with a psychologist dealing with problems relating to physical health, if that makes sense (there's loads of different nhs psychology services).

Got an appointment within a month and I've been seeing him every couple of weeks.

I don't know if I'm just lucky, or if that particular sector is more settled.

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm with a psychologist dealing with problems relating to physical health, if that makes sense (there's loads of different nhs psychology services).

Got an appointment within a month and I've been seeing him every couple of weeks.

I don't know if I'm just lucky, or if that particular sector is more settled.

Ah fair enough. Yes it’s gotten a lot worse on the mental health support side.