Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

19 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Hope you told them Tom English is a c**t.

9 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

How would he know about Tom English if he doesn’t have a tv license? Aha!

They teach it at schools these days.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Screenshot_20200719_130237.thumb.jpg.4a08d6ed8a7423df5f2552d5afade5a4.jpg

So many questions, such little time. 

Is the BE AWEAR post maybe a ruse to get some internet traffic to their fantastically titled Bargians galore dundee page? 

Eta: I just checked it out, 34k members ffs. 

Edited by Dee Man

8 hours ago, Empty It said:
9 hours ago, MixuFruit said:
Haddington?

Definitely not, last time I reply to one of these, Hedgecutter will be standing in my garden shortly.

tenor.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Sometimes the day job can be a hindrance and have a pretty good idea what's going to be found.  

Similar situation to my (unofficial) step-mother who is a recently retired nurse and is now spending her retirement caring for my (also unofficial) step-dad who evidently has terminal cancer and will realistically never set foot outside of the house again (now relies on oxygen, can't leave the bed that's been moved into the living room to avoid the stairs, etc etc).  Visitors are typically giving her the whole "there's always hope / might be an infection interfering" piece, but she's dealt with enough folk in a similar situation for years to know what's happening.

My other half and I head through to their's pretty much every week now to lend a hand and every time we leave we have to accept that it's realistically be the last time we ever see him alive, which is obviously pretty grim.   That said, that's been a good few trips where we've gone back to find him in surprisingly good spirits (albeit high on morphine) so I suppose we just have to force ourselves to presume there will be that next time until proven otherwise.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

The civil war documentary by Ken burns is one of the best historical programmes ever made.

(on pbs America at the moment)

The Ashokan Farewell (theme tune) sounds genuinely 1860s but was specially written for the series.

I only mention this because I used to be able to play it badly on the guitar.

I took the piss out a lassie last year (well, just rubbered all her messages) and I actually quite liked her but I was a big bit fucked up. Anyway, I've managed to get hold of her number and messaged her apologising and explaining my dickish behaviour. 

Root for me P&B. 

25 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I took the piss out a lassie last year (well, just rubbered all her messages) and I actually quite liked her but I was a big bit fucked up. Anyway, I've managed to get hold of her number and messaged her apologising and explaining my dickish behaviour. 

Root for me P&B. 

coop-godspeed.gif

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Root for me P&B. 

Does she like dogs?