Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Old Wood Group. Council been storing waste in there. 

Screenshot_20200607_213128.thumb.jpg.c4396a71c43e5556278605e65ac9ca70.jpg

Probably easier for the cooncil to just burn it all (insurance job) rather than dispose of it properly; makes sense. 

I'm in a bit of a quandary regarding the old summer holiday, got an email through yesterday from Jet2 confirming it's still going ahead.   We're meant to fly from Leeds/Bradford to Lanzarotte on the 5th of July.
I have to say I'm not overly keen to go as I'm not sure what will be open etc (I'm sure the Spanish will be more organised than us) and the information in conflicting to say the least.  The latest information was that Spain wasn't planning on letting British in until infection rate went down, this will no doubt be scrapped in about a weeks time as they chase the cash and some reciprocal agreement will be made on isolating.
Now I also have the problem that I booked hotels and car parking prior to departure and my return.  Going down on the morning of the flight isn't to big a deal but driving up the road at 3am after being up all day is.  Fairly trivial stuff I know but the uncertainty is really bugging me.  If we're going fine if not let us know, I don't really want to still not know a week before the departure date.  Of course we could decide just not to go but I'm loathe to let 4k slip away for nothing.
First world problems page for this pish I know.

You’ll also have two weeks isolation afterwards to consider as well mind, assuming we’re still doing that in July.

We have immunity to that apparently.
Furthermore our pitiful government will climb down on that one by next week.

How do you have immunity to that? Some sort of super human?!
But aye, I expect our 2 week isolation rule brought in 3 months too late might not last all too long.

Frontline key worker therefore don't have to isolate.

Ah right, I didn’t realise it didn’t apply to everyone - suppose as a front line key worker it’s unlikely you’d be mixing with people, especially vulnerable people...
Thank you for your frontline key work though, might sound sarcastic after the above dig at the half arsed rule but it’s meant sincerely.

For what it's worth I agree, however in view of the amount of workers who have had it but displayed no symptoms you wonder what's the point.

That’s probably a fair point, without knowing about the testing and if you can get it twice etc I don’t really know. It feels pointless bringing it in now anyway.