Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Better eating at home imo, sound like c***s. Went to the site for a look at the menu, couldn't see one.

It's a fixed menu mate; this week it's coq au vin, with 50/50 potatoes - apparently half potato, half butter - and pot de chocolat. It's this kind of stuff normally - https://www.alinearestaurant.com/site/cuisine/

3 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

It's a fixed menu mate; this week it's coq au vin, with 50/50 potatoes - apparently half potato, half butter - and pot de chocolat. It's this kind of stuff normally - https://www.alinearestaurant.com/site/cuisine/

Yeah the takeaway sounds a great deal for 3 star nosh, paid that recently for a mediocre and stingy tapas in Inverness. 

1 hour ago, Bold Rover said:

In 2020, Australia or anywhere, is there any need for clock shifting?

Did anybody else read that as "cock shifting"?

Edited by Jacksgranda
grandma

I think you’re missing the point, half the country use DST and the rest don’t.

Surely it would make sense for the entire country to adopt the same policy.
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/wind-back-the-clock-30-years-since-queensland-tried-daylight-saving-20190729-p52bos.html

13 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

so for your $40.00 you'll be getting a green smartie, a samphire bud  and a single scrambled quail egg, served in its own shell suspended from a balloon ?

bon appétit !

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

I think you’re missing the point, half the country use DST and the rest don’t.

Surely it would make sense for the entire country to adopt the same policy.

I'd counter that it's like this because the Country is a continent......... especially when you consider that people in Southern England complain about the UK using DST having never experienced the benefits it brings to the far North of Scotland. Australia has this to deal with both longitudinally and latitudinally.

I've made a conscientious change to my portions of food I eat (but haven't changed the diet that much) and I've lost over 6kg in just about 2 months. That's without upping cardio or anything like that. I did lose 5kg, then put 2kg back on after a mad wan. Now I'm back down 6kg all in. 

Shoulders, chest and tri's are popping. Belly is floppin. 

Send help. Need exercises to adjust. 

As I type this something big going down in Dundee, about 20 police cars sirens blazin' have just hared past the house. 

17 minutes ago, Dele said:

I've made a conscientious change to my portions of food I eat (but haven't changed the diet that much) and I've lost over 6kg in just about 2 months. That's without upping cardio or anything like that. I did lose 5kg, then put 2kg back on after a mad wan. Now I'm back down 6kg all in. 

As I type this something big going down in Dundee, about 20 police cars sirens blazin' have just hared past the house. 

I haven’t weighed myself but would estimate I have put 4 pounds on in the last 2 weeks since the lockdown.

27 minutes ago, Dele said:

I lost 20kg and have a six pack for the first time in 20+ years. Wouldn't recommend my method though....

In all seriousness, you just need to do exercises isolated to your stomach (lower abs (a b*****d!) & upper abs (a b*****d but easier)) as well as limiting you intake of calories to the same or preferably less than you burn off.

22 minutes ago, throbber said:

I haven’t weighed myself but would estimate I have put 4 pounds on in the last 2 weeks since the lockdown.

This 'lockdown' has been terrific for me, tbh. I do not drink at home so the pubs being shut have kept two temptations away. I've been walking in and home from work most days (1hr30 on its own) and just rattling eggs for breakfast, when in times gone by it'd be bacon/lorne or maybe porridge and a shake (and then bacon/lorne from the bakers if on early) 

Need to get this belly down a bit though. Looking no bad head on, a bit dodgy from a side view. 

Edited by Dele

15 minutes ago, Dele said:

This 'lockdown' has been terrific for me, tbh. I do not drink at home so the pubs being shut have kept two temptations away. I've been walking in and home from work most days (1hr30 on its own) and just rattling eggs for breakfast, when in times gone by it'd be bacon/lorne or maybe porridge and a shake (and then bacon/lorne from the bakers if on early) 

Need to get this belly down a bit though. Looking no bad head on, a bit dodgy from a side view. 

What a nice polite word for it.

One of the consequences of the lockdown for me over the last few weeks is I disappear down YouTube rabbit holes. The other week it was Penn & Teller Fool Us videos, this week it's been scam-baiters fucking over Indian based scammers. Particular highlights are a guy called Scammer Payback who poses as a confused old granny (in other videos he typically deletes the scammers files) and a hacking genius called Jim Browning who manages to get into a scamming call center CCTV. Fun stuff.

9 minutes ago, MSU said:

One of the consequences of the lockdown for me over the last few weeks is I disappear down YouTube rabbit holes. The other week it was Penn & Teller Fool Us videos, this week it's been scam-baiters fucking over Indian based scammers. Particular highlights are a guy called Scammer Payback who poses as a confused old granny (in other videos he typically deletes the scammers files) and a hacking genius called Jim Browning who manages to get into a scamming call center CCTV. Fun stuff.

The delight of Jim Browning is that he's a bloke of about our age and has no cant or hysteria but goes about his work calmly and professionally with a decent sense of humour.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The delight of Jim Browning is that he's a bloke of about our age and has no cant or hysteria but goes about his work calmly and professionally with a decent sense of humour.

I know, right? The other guy does it more as a form of entertainment, although he's doing good work keeping the scammers occupied for hours on end and disrupting their operations, but Jim's approach is far more methodical, and entertaining from a perspective that he's so fucking smart and misses nothing. The four part series I linked to is one of the best documentaries I've seen on YouTube in many a year.

Edited by MSU

The belly thing is easy, in theory. Eat your 3 meals a day. Limit snacking in between meals (ideally none). Omit most obvious junk. Eat until your full. You don’t have to be hungry much at all. Eat lots of low calorie dense foods especially with your tea to get through to breakfast (I’m a nightmare for snacking at night). With your walking you’ll see fat loss pretty quick.

Oh and maintain this for the rest of your life. Know that if you revert back to your old ways the belly will come back.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Listening to the Proclaimers.  Sunshine On Leith is a brilliant song and a fantastic football song.  I’m jealous of Hibs in this respect.

Agreed.