Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 hours ago, Eednud said:

No point telling you to just wear a mawashi as they never get washed.

5 hours ago, sjc said:

I was speaking to a couple of Sumo wrestlers at the airport yesterday! Big lads!

Was one of them the Dump Truck?

13 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

A hat trick for the wee fella from defence and another man of the match award.

Love watching him play even it was pouring rain and miserable.

100% this.

I enjoy watching my boys fitba, that great feeling you get when he plays a perfect pass, has a solid challenge or scores any type of goal, he does things with the ball I could never do.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

It's great watching the enthusiasm and enjoyment they get from it.  Youthful innocence before they become ground down with the game.  The laddie is a lot better than I was, must take it from the milkman.

I now have my own football this afternoon where I am involved with a tier 6 club.  I know what I prefer.

I had 5's last night and utterly ripped the pish out of @Melanius Mullarkey and @G_Man1985, as enjoyable as it was it just doesn't compare to watching your kids football. 

11 a side is long gone from my knees but the boy is just away to start 11's and it's like living it all again, but better.

Good luck with your game today.

21 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I had 5's last night and utterly ripped the pish out of @Melanius Mullarkey and @G_Man1985, as enjoyable as it was it just doesn't compare to watching your kids football. 

11 a side is long gone from my knees but the boy is just away to start 11's and it's like living it all again, but better.

veronica mars middle finger GIF

I had 5's last night and utterly ripped the pish out of [mention=70922]Melanius Mullarkey[/mention] and [mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention], as enjoyable as it was it just doesn't compare to watching your kids football. 
Em. True

14 hours ago, sjc said:

Am in Tokyo this weekend as my wife has a conference, was awoken at 2am this morning by an earthquake.

If that wasn't bad enough, I now have an entire day at Tokyo Disneyland to look forward to......

Shame you'll already have been by now, but one of THE worst experiences of my life* was a trip to Universal Studios Osaka last time I was there. As tying people to posts and exploding shells full of Anthrax to see the effects is regrettably banned now (health and safety I imagine), our inscrutable chums** have replaced it with making you queue to get in so you can queue again for... Harry Potter World! Would have been hours in the 2-4 range (and off-season too) if we hadn't pre-prepared the frankly fucking brilliant wheeze of having a wheelchair bound elderly relative with us.

Still a wait, but queueing? Ha, I don't think so. Sat on our arses til somebody came to find us. The haunted look of despair on the face of the two guys who were part of some accapella group whose role seemed to be beatboxing while having their hand up a model frog's arse made me question whether humanity really deserves to be wiped out by a giant meteor. Probably had to spend years at Drama School for that gig as well. 

Only things worth it (and barely so) were the 5 minute Jaws ride, and the water slide at the end of the Jurassic Park ride. 

* beat that for a First World problem 

** and before anybody starts, I've been living with one of them for 8 years and if we can't get Indy because we're still held ransom by the too poor/wee/stupid brigade then after Germany it would be my No1 choice to live cos it's great. 

36 minutes ago, Utter Roaster said:

Shame you'll already have been by now, but one of THE worst experiences of my life* was a trip to Universal Studios Osaka last time I was there. As tying people to posts and exploding shells full of Anthrax to see the effects is regrettably banned now (health and safety I imagine), our inscrutable chums** have replaced it with making you queue to get in so you can queue again for... Harry Potter World! Would have been hours in the 2-4 range (and off-season too) if we hadn't pre-prepared the frankly fucking brilliant wheeze of having a wheelchair bound elderly relative with us.

Still a wait, but queueing? Ha, I don't think so. Sat on our arses til somebody came to find us. The haunted look of despair on the face of the two guys who were part of some accapella group whose role seemed to be beatboxing while having their hand up a model frog's arse made me question whether humanity really deserves to be wiped out by a giant meteor. Probably had to spend years at Drama School for that gig as well. 

Only things worth it (and barely so) were the 5 minute Jaws ride, and the water slide at the end of the Jurassic Park ride. 

* beat that for a First World problem 

** and before anybody starts, I've been living with one of them for 8 years and if we can't get Indy because we're still held ransom by the too poor/wee/stupid brigade then after Germany it would be my No1 choice to live cos it's great. 

I'm sure US-Osaka will be on my daughters list at some point. Thanks for the heads up. Thankfully due to it being off season and probably the coronavirus, it was pretty quiet at Disneyland today.

Perhaps because it was a new experience for me too, it wasn't that bad. Still, 10 fucking hours though!