Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I have heard of Fleabag, but only seeing it constantly and shamelessly plugged on the BBC website. I have never seen so much as a split second of it, and I suspect I am lucky in that regard.

Watched the first episode the other night and it's supposed to be hysterically edgy that she takes it up the arse. That was about it. Think I'll give the rest a miss. Catching up with Killing Eve which is much better.

4 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

I am assuming there is all kinds of trolling involved in this but figure it has to be shared.  From a supposed fb group Christian mothers against masturbation.  Sin cave and devils doorbell ftw.

Image may contain: text

I must remeber that web site address...

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't believe you, mainly out of jealousy but also because this is physically impossible

It’s really not impossible to have not heard of certain tv shows when there is so much choice out there as to what you watch and how you watch it. I 100% have never heard of Fleabag and don’t think my other half has either.

6 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Apologies for quoting the Daily Mail but it would appear @throbber and @Shandon Par have one less drinking establishment to frequent:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7942311/Pub-bans-men-wearing-jobby-catcher-tracksuits-flip-flops-bearing-mankles.html

I used to live just next to that pub, it used to be called the Halfway House once upon a time. Grimbo talked about it a couple times after it opened with its current name is no doubt part of the reason they are changing the dress code. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

It’s really not impossible to have not heard of certain tv shows when there is so much choice out there as to what you watch and how you watch it. I 100% have never heard of Fleabag and don’t think my other half has either.

I used to live just next to that pub, it used to be called the Halfway House once upon a time. Grimbo talked about it a couple times after it opened with its current name is no doubt part of the reason they are changing the dress code. 

Would it not have been easier just to hang a sign on the door saying "No Grimbos"?!

8 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Apologies for quoting the Daily Mail but it would appear @throbber and @Shandon Par have one less drinking establishment to frequent:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7942311/Pub-bans-men-wearing-jobby-catcher-tracksuits-flip-flops-bearing-mankles.html

Seems to be a w@nky publicity stunt to me although I did like the dig at Brewdog.

1) if you want to keep neds out of your pub you either put prices up or serve nothing but real ale

2) reminded me a bit of the old landlord at the Canny Man's who banned mobile phones etc. If he didn't like the look of you he wouldn't serve you. My old man, a real ale drinker, once read a story about him in the paper and said "Guy's an arsehole and his pub's got overpriced shite beer..."

Edited by tamthebam
Stupidity

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Watched the first episode the other night and it's supposed to be hysterically edgy that she takes it up the arse. That was about it. Think I'll give the rest a miss. Catching up with Killing Eve which is much better.

It livens up when the hot priest arrives

I had an interview on Monday for PGDE in modern studies, fingers crossed but it’s a months wait to find out.
Teaching Modern Studies will be hard these days with the lack of any political stories...

I loved Modies at school but in those days we talked about Nuclear Armageddon, Apartheid, Alternative voting systems and the like. Not sure what kind of stuff would be in the course these days.

A snipet here from this article on puppy farms

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jan/30/rspca-urges-caution-over-buying-puppies-online-after-spate-of-deaths

"Isabel Winters, who lives in Brighton, bought the last of four labrador puppies advertised by the same breeder on Gumtree. It fell ill within a few days before dying in a veterinary hospital due parvovirus.

“The whole thing is clearly a scam,” she said. “I bought it from Gumtree and thought it was with a pedigree breeder. I thought it was ok.”

Winters’ purchase was a present for her son. “My son’s 14th birthday was coming up. He lost his father when he was nine, so this was a big thing for my son, to have a puppy. It was going to be a Christmas present and birthday present all rolled into one.”

Give me fucking strength :mellow:

Trying to improve my diet a bit and eating a lot more fruit than usual, replaying chocolate and pastries as my usual snack. Been doing it the last few weeks and generally feeling good, but noticed the last few days that I am farting a hell of a lot more than usual and I can only attribute it to the extra fruit. Hope to f**k this calms down or I'll need to go back to my old ways.